Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Kill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Kill

I could hear the car coming up behind me. A little green buzz bomb that flew up on my six, changed lanes, suspension leaning with all it's might, and passed me on the right before darting back in front of me and slamming on the brakes at the impending red light.

The little green Hyundai Accent had a cracked windshield and sounded like an angry lawn mower. The Flowmaster sticker in the rear window warning me, this car and driver meant business.

I stood on the brake and revved the engine, the vehicle lurching under the power. My daughter in the passenger seat started to giggle as I yelled, "lets see what you got! I'm going to push you through this intersection!"

The light turned green and the angry green hornet buzzed forward. I had to feather the gas pedal to keep from driving through him, but now he was turning left, like me, and there is a double turning lane. I take the inside line. The kid driving next to me won't even look at me.

What does he have in that thing I wonder. A CAI? A chip? An electric turbo? Clearly that Flowmaster muffler and sticker added power.

In concern that I could be defeated I switched off the AC, turned on the engine heat full blast, switched off traction control and dropped it into first. I want every shred of power when this light turns green.

Go! I scream lets see what you got as I mash the pedal. The power struggles to get to the ground - even though the inside lane is the shorter path it's a tighter turn, and I'm worried I'll slide out.

I've got the jump as we hit the straight on the onramp. I got the edge on the dig, and I hit the 1-2 shift, the engine screaming. I'm pulling away from the green buzz bomb but after the 1-2 shift he is closing the gap. WTF?

The ramp goes to one lane as we merge onto the crowded highway and I have 1-1/2 car lengths. VICTORY!!!

I beat the Hyundai Accent - what a great kill.

Oh, I was driving the 2005 Saturn Relay 3.5L with a 4-speed auto. You know - a minivan.

What? You thought this was in my G8?
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

Well played sir!
    RIP Charlie!

2009 MGM G8 GT
    Vararam, PaceSetter, Magnaflow, Comp, Pac, Yank
    11.95 @ 116.64

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I got trolled

Sent from my S4 next to your sister's mother.
    Blown by Jessika
    Tuned by Pat G
    "Stock" MGM G8

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao good kill haha
    OBX longtubes, varram, ported intake/tb nitrous outlet plate kit. 150 shot.
    ---UNLIMITED PERFORMANCE--- RICKIFAST TUNED!!!
    11.59-120 mph

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! The ending was great!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Most triumphant.

Sent From: A Nuclear Plant
    Rotofab
    Kooks LT
    Solo HFC
    Solo Mach
    Pedders Street II GSR kit
    Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
    Milled Heads
    Ported Intake
    Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
    After:430/404

Post Thanks / Like

I think you had us all on that Kill.

A Kill is a Kill no matter what you are driving, but a mini van
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Addicted Member 2lazy4agoodname's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lmao awesome kill!
    16 SSB SS A6
    VCM, KOOKS, 3" Solo, RCR MANI & TB, Eibach, VMR
    09 PBM G8 GT -
    Built By Rick Crawford Racing
    404 Stroker / Ported LSA Blower / 2" Headers / Built Trans / Alky Methanol
    RCR Heads & Cam / TPIS TB / ATI Balancer / Vaporworks & V Pump
    Solo / CTS-V Brembos / BMR / VMR V701 / H&R Coilovers / Holden SSV Conversion

9.89 @ 138.8
    09 WH GXP M6 (#1827 of 1829)
    Roto-Fab / Solo Mach Shorty

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, great write up!
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT