Hello everyone, My name is Dan. Thanks for the add and happy to see such a large info file for he G8. I'm a gear head, been around cars all my life. My garage has a 69 Mach 1 with a 408 stroker 4 speed, and a 1934 Chev pickup street rod (I restored/built both). I also have a 2007 Avalanche that's in need of a rebuild. I just purchased a 2009 G8 GT with 143,000kms. (yep, in Canada) Got a great deal. a little rough around the edges but I'll get it in shape. Just loving that LS power!
I was a trans tech at a GM dealer for 21 years, then I switched to teaching apprentices at NAIT in Edmonton, been doing that for 18.5 years. I consider myself pretty good at sourcing parts, and have a great understanding of design changes, Julian calendar, and other change ups in GM land.
Here's my dilemma. My rack leaks, lots. Barfing out the left boot because someone poked a hole in it. I looked for the ID sticker as the auto salvage interchange says it will be either 92216841 or 92219418. Mine has neither, just an orange sticker that says 'remanufactured'. I also know the last rack made by GM was 92236162, but as we all know they are no longer being produced. Does it matter which rack? What's the difference? Base and GT had FE2. I can't find any info regarding the Julien date when 1st and 2nd series happened (my Holden tag says car produced 03/08).
Hope someone can help. Sorry for the long post, and once again thanks for the add!