Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WalMart AC Delco PF48 filters sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default WalMart AC Delco PF48 filters sale

Wandering thru the WalMart this morning when I came across a stack of AC Delco PF48 oil filters for $3.48. These were on the 'auto bargain' shelves with the other auto stuff they are trying to get rid of.

So I grabbed a bunch to stock up - I now have filters enough for now thru the 210,000 mile oil change.

You might want to check the 'bargain bin' next time you are in WalMart.
    2008 MGM G8 GT - #615 of 888 - Premium/Sport - 12.6 @ 111 on stock tires

SHOW - Chromed Stock 19" Wheels - Color Matched Splash Guards - Debadged - G8 Tail Lights - GXP Diffuser - Painted Calipers - Red S/S Engine Bolt Kit - Under Hood Lights - too much Zaino
    GO - ARH Long Tube Headers / Midpipes - Billet Catch Can - BMR Front / Rear Swaybars - Camaro 3.45 diff - Custom non-DOD Cam and Valvetrain - Homegrown PCM / TCM Tuning - K&N Filter - Pedders 'Fruit' Suspension - Red Yella Terra Intake - Stealth Airbox
    ALSO - DashHawk 5.1 - Full Slide Passenger Seat - Infinity / Kicker / MTX Audio - LED Interior /Glovebox / Console Lights - Rear Remote Trunk Release

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even know they sold AC delco filters. It's been a while since I've checked though, because I've also got enough oil and filters to last an eternity
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw PF48 filters there the other day. I'll stick to the NAPA Gold filter I've been using, it's made by Wix and it's better than the GM filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    I saw PF48 filters there the other day. I'll stick to the NAPA Gold filter I've been using, it's made by Wix and it's better than the GM filter.

Correct. Unless you get some UPF-48 filters like I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info
    2009 Pontiac Panther Black Premium & Sport Packages no roof
    Show: 3M Clear Bra, 30% tint, Pontiac Splash Guards, JHP Radiator Cover, Weather Tech Floor Mats
    Go: PM-FL Axle-back, Volant Intake
    Future Mods: ???

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me why wix is better than acdelco. The delco has a spring in the bottom that could be for two stage flow
    09 Sport Metallic Red G8 GT, Livernois Tune, AR 1 7/8 LT headers with HPC coating, RotoFab CAI, Brembo Brakes, Front Grill Cutaway, GXP Diffuser, Oil catch can (DuclosBrosRacing design) Custom logo Embriodery on headrests Sirius Radio Module

!!!!!AND A BRAND SPANKING NEW ENGINE AT 35K!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i think 3.48 might be better than dealer pricing on these. i'll have to go check it out. i havent seen ac delco filters at walmart either, but im not big on shopping there. i've noticed stuff with the ac delco name popping up more and more since gm sent them off on their own. like the aa batteries at schucks, etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukeofpg View Post
    Tell me why wix is better than acdelco. The delco has a spring in the bottom that could be for two stage flow
    That's what was determined by cutting various oil filters open to examine them.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfi...lterstudy.html

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil.../opinions.html

Post Thanks / Like

not sure what 2 stage flow is...? IIRC, the spring that almost all oil filters contain is a bypass designed to allow flow when the filter is blocked. The real differences in most filters is in the amount of filter material, the material that the bypass valve is made of, and the case burst strength.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
    not sure what 2 stage flow is...? IIRC, the spring that almost all oil filters contain is a bypass designed to allow flow when the filter is blocked. The real differences in most filters is in the amount of filter material, the material that the bypass valve is made of, and the case burst strength.

I was told once by a GM engineer that The AC Delco filter had several advantages over most filters. He said that the inlet holes had a larger diameter which allowed a higher percentage of oil to be filtered. Secondly he said that there is back flow valve that keeps the oil passages charged when the engine is off. This means the oil is flowing faster at start up. I know that many high performance filters have this same feature. To know if your filter does, just note how much oil comes out when it is removed.

I can't back up any of this with any documentation. I just want to use the best I can and the info I was given seemed to make the AC Delco better.

If there is some solid benefit to using another brand, I would like to know. As a point of interest, I never let my oil get dirty before it is changed. I probably spend more money than needed because of this.
    09 Sport Metallic Red G8 GT, Livernois Tune, AR 1 7/8 LT headers with HPC coating, RotoFab CAI, Brembo Brakes, Front Grill Cutaway, GXP Diffuser, Oil catch can (DuclosBrosRacing design) Custom logo Embriodery on headrests Sirius Radio Module

!!!!!AND A BRAND SPANKING NEW ENGINE AT 35K!!!!!