Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Indiana VIM group buy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Central Indiana VIM group buy!

I have negotiated a group buy with Chris White for VIM programming on your G8.
    The price is $125! This is less than half of you know who's price and is available now.

How it works. Add your name if you are interested in VIM programming where you don't send your radio to Chris White to be programmed.
    This will be a weekend meet and greet and get programmed offer. I'll need your vin number to be programmed in the programming module. I'll only have one module but will be able to program multiple cars.
    When I have 4 people that want programming, I'll give you my paypal address. When everyone is paid up, we'll find a weekend where we can program everyone's car.
    What you lose by programming via OBDII. You will not get a custome splash screen, that is still only available by sending in your radio.
    Get your cables made and post up.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 04-19-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in
    Last edited by travis gore; 04-22-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, I'm interested in this, I Just received all but one of the parts from TYCO Electronics. I live in Illinois so i'm wondering on a meeting place for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    Ray, I'm interested in this, I Just received all but one of the parts from TYCO Electronics. I live in Illinois so i'm wondering on a meeting place for this?
    Where at in IL? As you can see I'm in Central Indiana. I am not going to mail the module to anyone since it will be my deposit.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice; not meaning to threadjack but last night I did this 'the hard way' by physically remocing the radio myself. Not an easy task, but this is my 5th round at it so it was quite easy. Always seem to lose a screw or two in the process though, Doh!

This new 'remote programming' option is awesome, especially for someonw who has never been brave enough to tear apart your center stack!

Okay, carry on! Sounds like a great and easy way to upgrade your radio!

Sent from my EVO4g using the OEM Tapatalk.

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question but is this Video in Motion? What type of cables would I need to get made?
    Vararam, TSP cam, DOD delete, Livernois dual springs, Comp trunion kit, 1 7/8 Kooks mids, Dynomax Ultra-flows, MNM catch can, tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports

Eibach springs+FE3 suspension, BMR tunnel brace, Subframe connectors, and trailing arms, Asetto Garra 18s, BFG Sport Comp2s

TSS Concept darts, MM billet, Crazy Paul's Holden gear

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in but I'm in the Chicago land area....I'm about 12 miles form the Indiana, IL state line....I can drive about a hr south.
    Last edited by izayn; 04-19-2011 at 05:26 AM.
    G8 GT MGM # 659 of 888

Mods...
    ARH LT with Kooks and Stock Mufflers (swap from time to time)
    VARARAM INTAKE
    VMS TUNE...COMING MAY 15th 09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrngG8 View Post
    Stupid question but is this Video in Motion? What type of cables would I need to get made?
    No question is stupid!

Our g8 radios feature a "rear aux input" ... that you can have audio (Red, White RCA style jacks with the appropriate adaptor plug) as well as optional Video (traditionally the yellow colored RCA plug).

Geoff A did a GREAT WRITEUP for the "Video in park" concept a while back.... HERE. VIM and VIP are identical in function (he even references how he did the cables) except VIP cuts out when the car is going faster than 2mph, while the VIM/IWM does not have that limitation.

For "Safety" GM has a lockout where the color LCD screen on the GM radio does NOT show any video when the car is going >2mph. I back up on average at maybe 2-3mph, so having a rear facing "backup camera" setup is useless with this GM limitation.

VIM (Video In Motion) = IWM (Input While Moving) = Removes the speed limiter so that you can have video input displaying on the color radio LCD screen at any speed.

Mind you, it's NOT SAFE to play a DVD Movie via these cables while cruising on the highway through your headunit, you could crash and that would be bad. But, when used responsibly, these VIM/IWM mods allow you to have a video input screen, be it a rear view backup camera setup, a GPS or NAV input, or just a fancy ipod / ipad / tablet device that can do video output to the screen.

Does this answer your question?

I just shipped my radio out to GTPPrix to enable VIM/IWM on my radio, as I bought a back-up camera setup and it was cutting out at 2mph when I was backing up. Sometimes it's too slow to back up at 1mph. Geesh, GM!!

Anyways, the title of this thread that Ray started was that now there's a portable device that can flash your radio (to remove the rear aux 2mph limitation) without having to do this:

dash-teardown-2..jpg

Hope this helps!

--zepcom

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it helps a lot. Do you need both cables (the red/white and yellow) for VIM or just the Red/White one? I will look into that thread you linked to.

Ronnie
    Vararam, TSP cam, DOD delete, Livernois dual springs, Comp trunion kit, 1 7/8 Kooks mids, Dynomax Ultra-flows, MNM catch can, tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports

Eibach springs+FE3 suspension, BMR tunnel brace, Subframe connectors, and trailing arms, Asetto Garra 18s, BFG Sport Comp2s

TSS Concept darts, MM billet, Crazy Paul's Holden gear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
    last night I did this 'the hard way' by physically remocing the radio myself.

This new 'remote programming' option is awesome, especially for someonw who has never been brave enough to tear apart your center stack!
    I saw the pics on fb this morning. As far as brave enough? maybe to lazy(like myself)
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back