Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played with a ZL1 !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Played with a ZL1 !

I'm driving home from target when a gorgeous orange zl1 with black wheels comes into view. I just paced him as we weaves through the corollas and minivans. Finally we end up at a light, no one in front of us. Now it's 32 degrees and flurries outside, but the road was dry and cold. So I feather the throttle, then nail it. I peek in my side view and all I see is a zl1 spinning tires and goin a little sideways, I gain about three cars before I let off at about 75. Once he got traction he caught up easily. Those F1 super car tires ain't worth a shit in the cold apparently. He just could not find traction at all, I was in a stock G8 GT with hankook v12 tires, which are pretty good in the cold for summer tires. Dude was a little up tight wouldn't wave back. Love the zl1 though

Post Thanks / Like

I love the engine in the ZL1... Not a Camaro fan though... He was PISSED! lol I had a similar situation running a GXP Prix with the V8 last year. Me on snow tires and wheels, him on A/S. Thankfully I still beat him even though I spun them into third. Snow tires SUCK for anything but snow and ice.

Kill is a kill right? lol

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would have even been driving the ZL1 at that outside tempeture.
    The Camaro ZL1 and RPO 1LE vehicles come with 285/35ZR20 and/or 305/35ZR20 Goodyear F1 Supercar G2 D.O.T. approved ultra high performance, track capable summer tires as standard equipment.

Goodyear F1 Supercar Performance tires are a summer season tire and are not intended to be driven on snow, ice or road surfaces below -7°C (20°F).

If the ambient temperature in your location is at or below -7°C (20°F), DO NOT MOVE THIS VEHICLE. The rubber used in these tires loses flexibility and may develop surface cracks in the tire tread/shoulder area at colder temperatures. Driving the vehicle, when the temperature is below -7°C (20°F), may result in surface cracks in the tread area of the tire. Surface cracks are cosmetic and will not result in a loss of air.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

If any of you are ever through Beaumont feel free to PM me. There is one of the original 69 ZL1's in a showroom not far off the interstate. I'll take you there.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has a zl1... Its definitely fast, but I was expecting it to be faster. Still wouldn't trade it for my G8, just nice and roomy in the 8.

Here's a pic of our cars together...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    08' Pontiac G8 GT PBM
    11.323@121.66 Rock Falls Raceway 10-11-14
    N/A RCR Car

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah to prove the point the Goodyear F1 Supercars do indeed suck. They came stock on my car.. Also ZL1's just don't impress me performance wise, I do like the handling capabilities, and the fact that it comes in an auto. I wish the GT500 would, that thing would be a beast with a stout auto.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen two ZL1's here in GA. Neither would play with me. One had his wife with him. I had mine. He reved his engine. So I did the same thing. My car was louder and my BOV is loud. Soon he heard it he shook his head no and yelled never mind. LOL. My wife just laughed.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drumsbh View Post
    My buddy has a zl1... Its definitely fast, but I was expecting it to be faster. Still wouldn't trade it for my G8, just nice and roomy in the 8.

Here's a pic of our cars together...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    dude ur rear tire set up is sick~~ u should pm me ur set up if u dont mind sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edsel1134 View Post
    dude ur rear tire set up is sick~~ u should pm me ur set up if u dont mind sharing
    +1

Forgestar F05's ?
    2008 LR GT

Pat G tune, LS7 MAF, RCR P/P/Milled LS3 heads & valve job, ported AirRam Intake / TB & little Lunati cam, Solo cb

Roof & spoiler balck vinyl, 2014 20" Camaros

FE3's w/ Tein lowering springs, BMR rear cradle inserts & BMR F/R sway bars