Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: I just can't decide, LSA or Turbo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I just can't decide, LSA or Turbo?

Ok, originally I was set on a turbo as I recently owned a 10 second DD Evo VIII and love the feel and potential of turbos. With the lack of options for us I started looking at other options such as Procharger and LSA. I recently started gathering parts for a LSA build along with DOD delete and cam.

Lately I have been throwing around the idea of going back with a turbo. I have read several things on the AGP kit and it sounds good. I really like the power curve and potential of a turbo along with being able to run different boost levels. Most of the parts I have for the LSA I can still use or be able to sell off for basically what I have into them or more.

The way it's looking the AGP is going to run me about $4k more then the LSA setup will. That's a lot but also I think it has more potential as well as turbo's seem to be better on the drivetrain which I don't want to mess with other then maybe a 3.27 swap. For anyone running a turbo on these cars is there a lot of stuff not in that kit or that I might not be thinking of that I will need?

Thanks guys!
    '03 Evo VIII 10.6@131mph stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims

Post Thanks / Like

I been back and forth as well.
    It comes down to what your end goals are.
    Are ya going to stop at 700whp and don't mind the weight of the lsa. That's the best bang for buck.
    I'm a fabricator and have built kits for tons of cars including the g8. So I would save money by building it myself. If I were to do a turbo kit I would do comp oilless bellhousing mounted.
    Also I would like the heart beat over the lsa. But if I found a complete lsa parts list for $3k that might change.
    I don't want the extra weight so that's keeping me away from the lsa.
    I would also like a electronic boost controller. Normal everyday at 6psi and a flip of a switch 200 more HP.

Also keep in mind no turbo kit is bolt on. There is always always always something that will need fitted or cut/modified. It's just how it goes. I spent days refining kits to be friendly and flexible on a car. Then I made everything in jigs and went to install on another car and there is always something that needs changed. So if you plan to install keep that in mind.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more than pleased with the LSA blower. Nearly OEM fit and finish and the install didn't have me chasing my tail to much. It's been done so many times it's not difficult to work out any issues, whereas turbo's are all pretty unique. Turbos however are awesome, i just bought a turbo kit for my Silverado...
    LS3 - Livernois 1C cam - Joker ported LSA - Vaporworx - e85 - 2.55 upper / stock lower

PB: 1.63 60' 10.51@133