Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 09 G8 GT AC is not working (Fixed)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 09 G8 GT AC is not working (Fixed)

Car is an 09 G8 GT.

Had the AC charged after a front end rebuild at a repair shop but have not been able to get the AC to work. It says AC off on the screen but the compressor is running. I hit the AC button but it does nothing.

The fuses for the fans were replaced as they were blown as were the fan assy and radiator and condenser.

Service vehicle soon light has been on also, cannot see the code with a OBD scanner.

It is a buddies car and I told him to take it to the dealer but he took it to a repair shop his girlfriends dad owns. They charged the AC and tried to find out the prob with the Check Vehicle Soon light and then it would not start. He called me and told me what was going on so I told him to unhook the battery for 10 minutes and try it. That got it starting again but no AC.

I told him "I told you to take it to the dealer, haha"

He agreed but that does not help his situation as it is hot out these days.

I wish I had a Tech II to diagnose it but I don't.

I was thinking it could be the climate controls or the radio unit might have an issue, we checked the fuses under the hood that are for AC function but could have missed something I guess. It did have an inop radio (maybe just the CD) while it was being repaired but that fixed itself at some point.

Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on what the problem was?
    2009 G8 GT
    Forged LS3, 227-227 116+0 cam, Twin Precision 6465 turbos, 3” exhaust, Eboost2, UDP, 160deg stat, Triple walbro pumps, Aeromotive rails & regulator, FIC 127lb injectors, AIS Meth Kit, Circle D built 6l80e /3200rpm stall triple disc, 3.27 rear with Wavetrac diff, BMR full bushing kit.

720/680@~12psi 10.82=1/4 mile old setup
    728/720psi @12psi XX.XX=1/4 mile new setup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamsar View Post
    Any word on what the problem was?
    There was a problem with the plug for the low/high pressure sensor on the AC line.
    I wonder if it might not have been seated all the way in the sensor or if they actually repaired the wire like they stated. Either way it works now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, looks like my connector was loose.
    2009 G8 GT
    Forged LS3, 227-227 116+0 cam, Twin Precision 6465 turbos, 3” exhaust, Eboost2, UDP, 160deg stat, Triple walbro pumps, Aeromotive rails & regulator, FIC 127lb injectors, AIS Meth Kit, Circle D built 6l80e /3200rpm stall triple disc, 3.27 rear with Wavetrac diff, BMR full bushing kit.

720/680@~12psi 10.82=1/4 mile old setup
    728/720psi @12psi XX.XX=1/4 mile new setup