Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Options for rebuilding Pedders Xa damper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Options for rebuilding Pedders Xa damper

I searched the forum but could not find the contact in the US that can rebuild Pedders Xa dampers. I found few threads mentioning that Rob Wretched knows that contact but the info was never published. It is documented that this guy charges $100 per damper to rebuild them.

I sent Rob a message, but would like to know if anyone else (CP?) knows of options to rebuild the Pedders Xas damper.

If anyone here has some info, please post or pm me.
    2009 G8 GT Silver Metalic with Premium Onyx/red - Sunroof - Sport package - Vararam intake - DOD delete - Livernois 2C cam - Kooks Mids 1 7/8" - Corsa cat back - Pedders Xas - triple Gauge - Blue tooth module - VIM

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Rob a while back before I got lucky and found new inserts for mine. He told me to contact Feal Suspension in California. Im going to send my old ones back eventually.

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've checked into it before and your West Coast USA rebuild option is your only real hope.
    80% of the enquiries I make here with Pedders end in disappointment and if that's "No Bull" then it must be a cow with a cock.
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 07-29-2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Had a win, % upgraded from 90 to 80
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evilG8cop View Post
    I talked to Rob a while back before I got lucky and found new inserts for mine. He told me to contact Feal Suspension in California. Im going to send my old ones back eventually.

Thanks evilG8cop.
    I went on their site and it looks like they can do that. The scary part is it seems that to rebuild one damper cost $175 + $35 for inverted type which I believe the rear units are. So most likely $250 once shipping is included.....Dam you Pedders, where are you now that I need to use my lifetime warranty ;-)
    2009 G8 GT Silver Metalic with Premium Onyx/red - Sunroof - Sport package - Vararam intake - DOD delete - Livernois 2C cam - Kooks Mids 1 7/8" - Corsa cat back - Pedders Xas - triple Gauge - Blue tooth module - VIM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    I've checked into it before and your West Coast USA rebuild option is your only real hope.
    90% of the enquiries I make here with Pedders end in disappointment and if that's "No Bull" then it must be a cow with a cock.
    LoL CP.
    Thanks for the quick feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a rear Pedders V8 Supercar coilover resealed after it started leaking from the adjustment knob shaft. I went thru Rob at Wretched. He made the arrangements and I shipped it directly to Feal. It cost the same as dealing with Feal directly. They fixed it in 3 days so even with shipping time it was pretty quick. It has been working fine.
    3rd in Class, All-GM Nationals 2008 & 2009
    Award of Excellence, All-GM Nationals 2010 & 2012
    Celebrity Pick Award, All-GM Nationals 2010
    G8Board.Com G8 of the Year, 2010
    Inaugural G8Board.com G8 of the Month, January 2010
    3rd in Class, WTW Fall Classic Pontiac Car Show 2013 & 2015
    Top 40 / 487, 29th Annual Cruisin' to the Creek Car Show 2015
    1st in Class, 6th Annual Southeast G8 Extravaganza, 2016
    1st in Class, Wide Track Warriors Car Show, 2016
    1st in Class, WTW Fall Classic Pontiac Car Show, Amelia Island, 2016

HSV E3 Bumper and Fenders
    VMS DoD-Delete with heads
    TVS1900
    RCR Lunati 215/223 .609/.615 112+0
    RCR TB
    Kooks 1 7/8 Mids+SOLO Mach
    Pedders V8 SuperCar Coilover Track II w/ STB
    BMR Adj LCA, Toe links & trailing arms
    ZL1 Brakes
    Circle_D built 6L80E. 3.27 diff
    Roto-Fab
    Crazy Paul 5-Gauge Pod / Speedhut Gauges

Post Thanks / Like

The rears are not inverted. They are the "simple" setup.
    An inverted design has the shaft on the bottom protected by a outter tube housing.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

G8V8, good to hear you had good results with them. I did call them and ask few questions, they are very helpful. He clarified cost to rebuild the Xa damper is $150 + shipping.
    Did you do one rebuild or the pair?

Quote Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
    I had a rear Pedders V8 Supercar coilover resealed after it started leaking from the adjustment knob shaft. I went thru Rob at Wretched. He made the arrangements and I shipped it directly to Feal. It cost the same as dealing with Feal directly. They fixed it in 3 days so even with shipping time it was pretty quick. It has been working fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks for clarifying this BuildItYourself

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    The rears are not inverted. They are the "simple" setup.
    An inverted design has the shaft on the bottom protected by a outter tube housing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get a contract for the guy who does the work let me know I need two top rear seals for a BC setup.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885