Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1BAD GT vs NOSBOSS Mustang

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1BAD GT vs NOSBOSS Mustang

My buddy and his boy came into town last night to race at the midnights. After the races we cruised to Port Road out by the aeroporta to see if anything was happening. Coming around the curve, I started slowing down with the intention of tear off from a dig. My bud told me not to wake up his boy, so I kept on rollin at a normal clip. As we end the mile long straight, we see three cars parked along the side of the road. A Challenger, a Mustang, and some kind of import, so I went around the other curve and turned around. Low and behold, the Mustang is in the fast lane getting ready to do a burnout. I pulled up beside him and stop just as he starts his burnout. I did a short burnout then his buddies backed him into the groove. ITS ON!!!! He purges his nitrious a few times as I stall it up a little bit. The start hits the light, and I'm gone...left him like he was sitting still. If I didn't hear his inital hit, I would have thought he didn't make a run. I decided to turn around to see if the Challenger was game for a race, but the Mustang was ready to go again. A car was coming up from behind, so I puled onto the shoulder. The Mustang dude stayed where he was at so finally the car went around him. I got lined up again for the second time. This time it was closer. We tore off side by side, but he bounced off the rev limiter, and that was all she wrote. We stopped on the curve and he asked if I wanted to race from a roll so we went from 30. I couldn't remember where the sweet spot was for these cars, so that was good enough I guy. I went to M3 then he honked it off....smoked my ass badly!!!! With him honking, he got the jump and it was all she wrote. I was going to turn around and talk to them, but another car came and I didn't want to press the luck...(trans already acting goofy before that). My bud said I should have just raced the first race and left them guessing how a random four door car with three people in it put a hurtin' on his Boss Mustang.
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14

Post Thanks / Like

Nice NIce.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

You did a 30mph kick in M3?

On an NA setup, that is a losing proposition almost every time.
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

I like 45mph in second, with the stall she launches pretty hard.
    RIP Charlie!

2009 MGM G8 GT
    Vararam, PaceSetter, Magnaflow, Comp, Pac, Yank
    11.95 @ 116.64

Post Thanks / Like

Like a scalded dog?
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people still do not look at a G8 as a threat in a 1/4 mile race. I see more want to roll race our cars to stand a better chance.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I only like dig races

I only roll raced davesg8gt and we did that to compare engine strength

M2 kicks from 25mph

Eliminates traction issues for comparison purposes

Post Thanks / Like

Are you running DRs all the time now? I know theres no way you're getting traction otherwise.
    RIP Charlie!

2009 MGM G8 GT
    Vararam, PaceSetter, Magnaflow, Comp, Pac, Yank
    11.95 @ 116.64

Post Thanks / Like

I run nitto 555r out back... All the time

Not driving much.. Temps been too hot and didn't want to stress the transmission

The temps are coming down now... The drag strip is on the horizon

Post Thanks / Like

nice runs!!
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back