Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Livernois Stage 1 Cam Install!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheMonkee View Post
    wow....i am amazed at the power difference...this car has REALLY woken up!

The Beastmaster just got beastlier!!!

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this project...i couldnt have done it without you! I learned a TON from this install. I know my engine much better than i did before and finally fully understand how an internal combustion engine works! This was a fun, yet nerve racking experience. I definitely see more engine tear downs in the future.
    I was reading over your thread and couldnt see what the culprit of your grounding problem ended up being because the picture was deleted. what did it turn out to be. i may be swapping my cam shaft out soon and am trying to compile as much info as possible

FT2(SS)

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right Bob pinched a wire while installing the heads or some part. The lesson: Be really careful of wires when removing and re-installing parts.
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like

correct, the ground wire that runs to the back of the head got pinched and broken when installing the heads from what I remember.

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

I think there was some kind of tape or electrical tape and he cut it and cut clean through the ground wire on the back of the head. He was not to happy about having to take that head off again. He had to splice and extension which was a tricky job not having alot of room back there.
    1998 Camaro Z28 ~ 2004 Silverado ~ 2008 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

nope, actually, when i was taking the passenger head off, instead of popping the little wire run plastic retainers on the back of the head off, i cut the ziptie....leading to me cutting 5 wires in that wire run. One of the wires clipped was main power to the ECU :O. I wasnt aware that there were just plastic pop outs and it was cramped back there. Oh well, lesson learned. I decided to take the head back off to repair the wires instead of pulling the whole wire run down from under the car. Prolly ended up being harder than it needed to be, but this was the first time i've ever take apart an engine

20k miles later, engine is running strong (except for a damn rogue evap leak and small exhaust leak from one manifold )
    '09 PBM G8 GT

Go: Livernois Stage 1 L92 Cam, ARH 1-7/8 LT Headers, Loudmouth Axleback, RotoFab CAI, HPTuners, Pedders Xa Coilovers/Street 2 Bushings, MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires
    Show: 20" Savini Avarus AV5 staggered wheels with FK452 tires, tinted tail lights, 'custom' HSV GTS Console Trim Mod, Gremlyn 5000k 55w HID kit, 30% tint, Holden V8 Badges
    Best Time: 12.530 @ 115.39MPH
    Dyno: 383RWHP/355RWTQ

ET2(SS)
    US Navy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...onkee1/Sig.png