Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dandragonrage View Post
    Personally, I am a fan of ATE rotors. They've got their unique slot pattern and a nice coating. Wish they made rotors for the GT. DBA is WAY overpriced and I will never pay for that. It's downright insulting.
    actually DBA rotors hold up really well and their iron alloy I think is better. They certainly can't be compared to CENTRIC cheap rotors. Just my 0.03. I like slotted for agressive use, but honstly when I put new ones on gertrude, I think I will get their street series. I have been told it is the same alloy as used in the 4K with normal vanes instead of the Kangroo paw design of the 4 K series.

for the minor difference, I'll try em.

Quote Originally Posted by AVIDMOTION View Post
    I love my set up, stock rotors(DBA's would be good too) the new EBC REDSTUFF pads, Russel ss brake lines, dot 4 synthetic fluid, flushed x2. Cant imagine any better without spending an arm and a leg.....
    Bolded the part that I think is very very inportant. If you have never flushed your G8, then do so. that fluid is old and has seriously depressed its boiling point Thus the mushy feel. also there are better fluids out there. For DD use, I like the cheaper Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4. Nothing wrong with ATE superblue.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    actually DBA rotors hold up really well and their iron alloy I think is better. They certainly can't be compared to CENTRIC cheap rotors.
    While I have no doubt that DBA are better made than Centric, I don't believe that the difference is going to show in daily driving whatsoever. Rotors will not last forever, no matter who makes them. DBA rotors will need to be replaced down the line, just as Centric will. I've never claimed DBA to be bad in any way, but they are absolutely not worth the money to 95% of us.

Edit to note: ATE Superblue is actually often not recommended for a daily driver. It is meant to be a high performing fluid, but it is not meant to last for a long time. If you want to use it, then make sure you continue to flush it every 1 to 2 years. Granted, you should be replacing brake fluid every couple of years, anyway, but I've read that it's even more important with Super blue. That said, I put Super blue in my last 3 vehicles...
    Last edited by dandragonrage; 06-10-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

exactly. I started using valvoline for my DD use, and Super blue for track events. and it worked out very well. lot cheaper too. and yes I was really just saying, I don't trust rotors that cost less than 100 for a car when the OEM part is over 100.

knowing what iron actually costs per lbs refined. cheap rotors are cheap for a reason.

DBA does use a different alloy and there are differences between brands. my only real point.

Post Thanks / Like

Very surprised only 1 person in this thread is using or recommending EBC Red or Yellow pads. I understand the DBA and EBC combo issue, but on stock rotors they should work fine. Am I missing something, as I am looking at EBC red/yellow pads to replace my stock fronts.
    2008 White G8 GT
    Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, Kooks Catback Exhaust with single 3" tips, SLP UDP, Volant CAI & AMSOIL filter, BMR stuff
    351hp / 370tq via Dynojet (Before 2012 changes)
    2012 changes - Yank Converter, DSS 1 piece Driveshaft, Forgestar F14 Staggered

AMSOIL

Post Thanks / Like

for the money I have gotten to where I use other pads. I like the carbotech's, porterfield's, axxiss, etc. but its like anything really, personal preference.

I really got great DD stopping and performance out of the last set of Carbotech's I had. I will try to use them on the G8.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted Axxis pads, but they aren't made anymore, I don't believe. Where you using Bobcats for the Carbotechs or AX6's?
    2008 White G8 GT
    Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, Kooks Catback Exhaust with single 3" tips, SLP UDP, Volant CAI & AMSOIL filter, BMR stuff
    351hp / 370tq via Dynojet (Before 2012 changes)
    2012 changes - Yank Converter, DSS 1 piece Driveshaft, Forgestar F14 Staggered

AMSOIL

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Napalm, it seems to me like you just like to buy expensive stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, no. I also only buy carbotech base pads not their av6 or whatever race compound. too rich for my tires. usually.

I have also used performace friction, and wagner gold, etc. I found that using a nicer pad, worked better in the long run. Also in memphis BS and traffic, you have to rely on your brakes. HAVE TOO. These people invented the 3 lane change and turn with no signal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG2132 View Post
    just made my decision and ordered DBA slotted rotors and AC Delco ceramic pads
    These are ok together, correct? I was going to put them on Saturday
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

I have the stock rotor New Formulation EBC REDSTUFF, Speedyracerx has aftermarket rotors and EBC new formulation Yellowstuff...we both love them! I also have the SS russel brake lines and dot 4 synthetic fluid. I also flushed 2 or 3 times in order to get it clear again.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000