Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Console Lid + Install Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueG8GT View Post
    Got mine in yesterday. Went with the Voilety Blue for the top and Black for the sides. The color is a bit dark but I wanted a darker blue so it works for me. The finish is excellent. Its very nicely put together. The fit is a bit off. 10 minutes to install is optimistic. It took me well over an hour to do this. I ended up using a spray adhesive to keep it in place, but I still couldn't get the sides to stay tight. I only got 2 of the clips to click back into place. The others won't fit cause the leather prevents the sides of the panel from setting back into place. I had to cut small slits to even allow the clips to click back in. It's a tight fit but it worked in the end. I might end up taking it to have it professionally installed but for now it will work.
    That looks pretty cool! I figured medium blue would be a real close match. I did the blue suede, since I plan to do the seats black on the side and blue suede centers so I don't slide around at all. The Alcantara is a nice material and smells good. Feels like real suede, but I can see this holding up better. The color is close to the car too. I will get some pics up here before too long.
    Don't Hassle The Hoff!
    http://ohiorides.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167&d=1314562258

Post Thanks / Like

My samples came in today. First here are the main colors people would probably get: All pics on a cloudy day.

Outside without flash:

Outside with flash:

Back seat with Charcoal and Black no flash:

Back seat with Charcoal and Black with flash:

Perforated Red vs Burgundy no flash:

Perforated Red vs Burgundy with flash:

To me it looks like Burgundy matches the red of the shifter the best. I didn't show the red next to the shifter because it is a brighter red than the perforated red is. The black matches the seats the best. It has the same texture. The Charcoal isn't dark enough and the perforated black is too dark. This is my opinion through my colorblind eyes, so I could be way off. If anyone wants to see any of the other colors offered, let me know.
    Last edited by 1meand; 03-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

2009 G8 GT, White, 1-7/8" ARH, Magnaflow axlebacks w/jpipes, Roto-Fab CAI, Livernois Stage 1 Cam, PCMforless Trans Cooler, UDP, Reckart Trunion Upgrade, Patrick G Remote Tune, HSRK, Catch Can, Fasterproms Stage 2 Ported TB/Manifold, 90mm MAF housing w/LS7 MAF, Spoon Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, SJM Line Lock, Driveshaft Loop. 423 hp/390 tq
    TSS Sponser Car- TSS Atari Guage Overlay/LOTB Dash & Front Fender Emblems/Concept Pontiac Darts/Engine Plaque/Laser Engraved Headrests/Rear G8 GT Badge.
    19x8 Front 19x9.5 Back TSW Strips w/255/275, MM Carbon Fiber Grill Surrounds, HID Headlights, LED DRL/Foglights & Front Sidemarkers, Clear Sidemarkers, Painted Lower Grills, GXP Rear Diffuser, Red Shifter, Shifter Boot & Armrest, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, Crazy Pauls Billet Caps, ACC Under Hood Panel, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

That burgundy looks like it'd match the SRM nicely.
    09 SRM G8 GT & 09 SBM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot..for pics glad i didn't order the perforated red..so black and the burgandy
    matches the our onyx/red interiors best? I also have same shifter and GXP steering wheel.
    [B]09 Liquid Red/Sport/Premium
    "A few things changed"
    Best 1/4ET 12.15@116.73...in need of DR's bad..

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought and I ordered the black with burgundy stripes today. The sun is out today, so I will see if that makes any difference in the colors.

2009 G8 GT, White, 1-7/8" ARH, Magnaflow axlebacks w/jpipes, Roto-Fab CAI, Livernois Stage 1 Cam, PCMforless Trans Cooler, UDP, Reckart Trunion Upgrade, Patrick G Remote Tune, HSRK, Catch Can, Fasterproms Stage 2 Ported TB/Manifold, 90mm MAF housing w/LS7 MAF, Spoon Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, SJM Line Lock, Driveshaft Loop. 423 hp/390 tq
    TSS Sponser Car- TSS Atari Guage Overlay/LOTB Dash & Front Fender Emblems/Concept Pontiac Darts/Engine Plaque/Laser Engraved Headrests/Rear G8 GT Badge.
    19x8 Front 19x9.5 Back TSW Strips w/255/275, MM Carbon Fiber Grill Surrounds, HID Headlights, LED DRL/Foglights & Front Sidemarkers, Clear Sidemarkers, Painted Lower Grills, GXP Rear Diffuser, Red Shifter, Shifter Boot & Armrest, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, Crazy Pauls Billet Caps, ACC Under Hood Panel, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1meand View Post
    That's what I thought and I ordered the black with burgundy stripes today. The sun is out today, so I will see if that makes any difference in the colors.
    Did you black with burgandy pipe strips or do use the two tone option? there order sheet a little confusing..
    [B]09 Liquid Red/Sport/Premium
    "A few things changed"
    Best 1/4ET 12.15@116.73...in need of DR's bad..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytt6 View Post
    Did you black with burgandy pipe strips or do use the two tone option? there order sheet a little confusing..
    I did black with burgundy stripes. It's in option 2 right above the piping option. It's two, it looks like 1/2" strips of the burgundy leather on the top sides with mostly black. I thought the two tone option might be too much of the burgundy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    ""
    ""
    It will be like this, but the small strips will be burgundy

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Adam; 03-20-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Don't Hassle The Hoff!
    http://ohiorides.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167&d=1314562258

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Adam. Seems to be about the same contrast as I have with the violety blue.