Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking,Filling,Changing ATF

Post Thanks / Like

Will any of these work with our cars? Or maybe they will make one for ours?

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/transdipstick.htm

I sent them an e-mail.
    Last edited by norm8332; 02-25-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

You Know, we have electronic everything, why could not a level switch that could at startup check to see "level" or maybe like engineering mode where like most of us who are car "people" idle the car like they say and in again Engineering mode and run a level test. I mean it just makes sense. Even though I have the dealer do my oil changes since the do a Mobil 1 change for 75 bucks and check my tranny fluid level, I like to spend an hour every 2 weeks or so going over all fluids to be sure. This process we have now is just crazy........
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    Will any of these work with our cars? Or maybe they will make one for ours?

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/transdipstick.htm

I sent them an e-mail.
    They don't and they won't. I've already tried everywhere. It will need to be custom fabbed.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: Response from e-mail.

Hello Norm,

At this time we do not offer a dipstick for the 6L80E transmission. This is something that we will be looking at in the future even though I do not know of any type of a time frame for this. Please feel free to call me at 877-469-7440 ext 8900 should you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jeff M.
    Tech Support
    Lokar Performance Products, Inc.
    10924 Murdock Drive
    Knoxville, TN 37932
    Toll Free: 877.469.7440, Ext. 8900
    Local: 865.966.2269, Ext. 8900
    E-mail: jeffm@lokar.com
    Web: www.lokar.com

Oh well...
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

See this thread:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...light=dipstick

This guy could do it if someone could go there for fitting.

Post Thanks / Like

So I take it the truck one is , was a no go for fitment?? thanks.

Ron
    Ron Neisler, Emmett,Id. 1987 T/R 11.69@117
    09 G8 GT, 13.61@103.98 with a 2.18 60ft.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronbuick View Post
    So I take it the truck one is , was a no go for fitment?? thanks.

Ron
    Correct.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    You Know, we have electronic everything, why could not a level switch that could at startup check to see "level" or maybe like engineering mode where like most of us who are car "people" idle the car like they say and in again Engineering mode and run a level test. I mean it just makes sense. Even though I have the dealer do my oil changes since the do a Mobil 1 change for 75 bucks and check my tranny fluid level, I like to spend an hour every 2 weeks or so going over all fluids to be sure. This process we have now is just crazy........
    I called my dealer (quick lube) and they will not check my transmission fluid. I think the G8 scares them.

They WOULD take my money for a Mobile One oil change. I figure if I have to jack the car up to check out the transmission I might as well change the oil and rotate the tires too.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya, but for me, while I have the jacks and stuff, do the oil changes on the wifes car, Mobil 1 costs 25 bucks for a 5 quart container and I need 2, plus 10 bucks for the filter (Good one), I might as well give them the 15 or so bucks and let them do it and they do the trans fluid check as a freebie.
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

Is it important to only pull the plug within a couple minutes AFTER running the transmission through Drive and Reverse? I noticed after a little while (while waiting for the transmission to warm up) fluid would begin to run out. It would stop if I ran the transmission through the gears again. I'm thinking this is drawing the fluid up into the valve body?
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!