Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P0633 theft deterent error on Replaced ECM? car wont crank!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Send it to me I'll check it out I'm guessing they didnt program ANYTHING into it so its blank; I can program it for you.
    Chris that would be awesome.... I will send you a PM...... usually up in your area 2-3 times per week....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

still no luck...... keylock symbol is gone now after the tries.... but still no start.... is Keylock symbol supposed to always be there before you start?..... is it still on your dask or does it dissapear after a security learn process???
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80

Post Thanks / Like

I know from Remote Start installations that usually that key will show up if you manage to get the vehicle to crank without the chipped key in the cylinder. Usually the car would crank over and maybe even start, but then die when the ECM? realizes that they correct chipped key isn't in range of the key cylinder. I know you didn't change keys or cylinders, but changing the ECM may have something to do with it. Chances are you'd need to reprogram the keys to the ECM/BCM before it would respond.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    still no luck...... keylock symbol is gone now after the tries.... but still no start.... is Keylock symbol supposed to always be there before you start?..... is it still on your dask or does it dissapear after a security learn process???
    It's because the unit is completely blank more than likely. Like I said ship it up here with your VIN I'll program it and send it back.

Post Thanks / Like

This thing runnin yet!? :-) I'm going to national meet this year!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    This thing runnin yet!? :-) I'm going to national meet this year!
    No luck yet.... tried a bunch more things but nothing.... starter clicks but doesnt rotate and the fuel system relays dont go on...... so like others have said... it is something with the ECM and/other modules causing the issue..... I am hoping Chris White can set me up.... Hoping to drop off ECM on Wed to Chris but not sure if he will be around to get it from me.... hopefully!!! Everything is done and ready to be kicked off tracks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    It's because the unit is completely blank more than likely. Like I said ship it up here with your VIN I'll program it and send it back.
    Chris, it was received at your address on Wed morning. It looks like you work on Sat/sun. I hope you can get too it this weekend. If you are too busy or will not be able to get to it... please let me know ASAP so I can come pick it up at your address ASAP.... I know you are quite busy so if you cannot get to it due to backlog, etc... I just need to know so I can make other plans.. My issue is I need to get this resolved so I can clear room at tuner asap. Thanks for your help on this... let me know when you expect to have it ready and if I can pick up at romeo plank (ups) or what.... but thanks again!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

.............?! This week?
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet the ECM is bad or blank like Chris said. If the security relearn doesn't work that has to be the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I dont know if I will ever find out.... I dropped ECM off to Chris's Address on Wed after he said ship it to him... I emailed his webiste 2-3 times asking to talk to him, and also PM'd him on this site... but no response at all..... dont even know if he got the ECM.....

its not like it wasnt clear that I was in a hurry to get this ECM fixed.... but who know when I will get contacted.... maybe today hopefully.... but since I didnt hear from him on Wed/thurs/ fri/ sat.... I went ahead and had to buy another ECM from Vector cause I just cant wait anylonger.... I somehow believed that it would be a quick turnaround.. but I guess I was wrong..

hopefully I hear from him soon..... I am guessing he is out of the country and not checking emails otherwise I am sure I would have heard from him by now..
    Sucks! :-(

Melt away that frustration and get that baby fired up!!!!!!

Edit: Does no one on the site have his contact #?
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8