Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modded and Warranty

Post Thanks / Like

My car is heavily modded and my dealer still honors my claims, and they have even done some of the mods....... Mainly depends on the working relationship you have with the dealer.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the service manager at my local GM dealer the other day. As you may (or may not) know, the Hurst shifter is a dealer-installed option for 2011 Camaro. I have a stock GXP with 15k miles with the M6. I have a brand new Hurst shifter that I purchased from a fellow board member. I asked him if I had him (the dealer) install my new Hurst shift would that void warranty? His answer was "Yes". I asked him if I purchased a (Camaro) Hurst shifter from him and have him install it on my GXP, would that void the shifter? His answer was "Yes". His explanation was that Hurst shifter is (was) not a GM option for G8 so it is not authorized and, hence, would void the tranny warranty. Guess I will keep it totally stock for now. Anyone want to buy a brand new Vararam CAI or Hurst shifter?
    Conrad
    2009.5 G8 GXP, Liquid Red, M6, no sunroof or GPS, Onyx/Red interior, 306107 vin, Build #545, Near Charlotte, NC, 2nd owner...just purchased on 11/27/2010 in Abingdon, Va (Ford dealer) with 15k miles. Original owner in/near Kingsport, Tn. All you North Carolina owners, join me at [url]www.yahoogroups.com/NC_GXP.
    Conrad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NC GXP View Post
    I talked to the service manager at my local GM dealer the other day. As you may (or may not) know, the Hurst shifter is a dealer-installed option for 2011 Camaro. I have a stock GXP with 15k miles with the M6. I have a brand new Hurst shifter that I purchased from a fellow board member. I asked him if I had him (the dealer) install my new Hurst shift would that void warranty? His answer was "Yes". I asked him if I purchased a (Camaro) Hurst shifter from him and have him install it on my GXP, would that void the shifter? His answer was "Yes". His explanation was that Hurst shifter is (was) not a GM option for G8 so it is not authorized and, hence, would void the tranny warranty. Guess I will keep it totally stock for now. Anyone want to buy a brand new Vararam CAI or Hurst shifter?
    Conrad
    Find a new dealer! That is jack hattery! My dealer installed several mods for me, and honored all my warranty work.
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)

Gotta promise not to stop
    Post Thanks / Like

Find a new dealer. That and the CAI should NOT void your warranty.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V | Crystal Red Tintcoat | Ebony
    KPE Catback | Airaid Cold Air Intake | Tuned by Kaltech Tuning and Performance

2013 Mustang GT | Sterling Gray | Saddle | -- Sold (7/31/14)
    Stuff | 550 RWHP

2009 G8 GT | Stryker Blue | Onyx | -- Sold (8/3/13)
    Giant cam | 4200 Coan Stall Converter | ARH Headers | Other stuff | 440 RWHP

Post Thanks / Like

Those mods void your powertrain warranty.