Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Console Lid + Install Guide

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the color samples yesterday. I have a red shifter to compare to their red and will post pictures when it gets here.

2009 G8 GT, White, 1-7/8" ARH, Magnaflow axlebacks w/jpipes, Roto-Fab CAI, Livernois Stage 1 Cam, PCMforless Trans Cooler, UDP, Reckart Trunion Upgrade, Patrick G Remote Tune, HSRK, Catch Can, Fasterproms Stage 2 Ported TB/Manifold, 90mm MAF housing w/LS7 MAF, Spoon Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, SJM Line Lock, Driveshaft Loop. 423 hp/390 tq
    TSS Sponser Car- TSS Atari Guage Overlay/LOTB Dash & Front Fender Emblems/Concept Pontiac Darts/Engine Plaque/Laser Engraved Headrests/Rear G8 GT Badge.
    19x8 Front 19x9.5 Back TSW Strips w/255/275, MM Carbon Fiber Grill Surrounds, HID Headlights, LED DRL/Foglights & Front Sidemarkers, Clear Sidemarkers, Painted Lower Grills, GXP Rear Diffuser, Red Shifter, Shifter Boot & Armrest, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, Crazy Pauls Billet Caps, ACC Under Hood Panel, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

My cover came this week and got it installed. As you can see it is a cover only, without backing. It is sized to fit directly over the rubberized stock cover. I suppose if you order upgraded padding, you'd get a slightly upsized cover to accommodate the additional thickness and the new foam would go in between the leather cover and the stock rubber.

The quality of the leather is very good. The color and grain match better than the picture suggests - matches the seats. The fit is pretty good. It could be a bit snugger, but it doesn't slide around. I could probably figure out a way to fix this if i wanted to take the console lid back off and mess with it, but I think it's fine as it is. Note that the install instructions note the clips will snap back in as you tighten the screws. That didn't happen on mine. I think the elastic on the new cover is in the way. The console release/latch is a bit more difficult to operate, but may get better as the leather breaks in a bit in that area. Overall I am happy with the upgrade for the price!

cover01..jpgcover02..jpgcover03..jpgcover04..jpg
    Last edited by IndyGT; 03-05-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    2017 Charger Daytona 392 - Pitch Black

2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red

Post Thanks / Like

I received mine this week, black w/ silver stitching and 3/4" padding. The quality is good but I've had trouble getting the padding to look right without bulging on the sides or leaving a hallow. I will be getting some different foam to try. The seams along the top are narrower than the base so the foam has to be angled. I've tried with and without the stock cover and even with other foam I have. It doesn't look bad, just not how I want it. Removing the lid is the easiest way to do it so I"ll add pics in case anyone is wondering how. I have mine just sitting on there for now so I don't have to pry the tabs again. As was stated, the elastic may interfere with the screws and tabs so I have left mine on the outside, for now anyway. Flash doesn't help much with what it really looks like. As it sits, padding is on top of stock rubber cover.
    Last edited by Modhauler; 03-06-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    09 SRM G8 GT & 09 SBM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

When I first tried to install the cover over the factory lid using their foam I had a tough time trying to make the cover look adequate with the foam they supplied, so I ended up going to an upholstery shop and purchased the proper foam (according to them) and affixed the foam to the bracket with Super 77 and then cut it the exact size of the bracket. I then sprayed the edges of the foam with Super 77 and slipped the leather cover on, it was not easy since the adhesive was clinging to the leather quicker than I imagined which made getting seam straight quite a challenge.

""
    ""
    ""
    ""

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    When I first tried to install the cover over the factory lid using their foam I had a tough time trying to make the cover look adequate with the foam they supplied, so I ended up going to an upholstery shop and purchased the proper foam (according to them) and affixed the foam to the bracket with Super 77 and then cut it the exact size of the bracket. I then sprayed the edges of the foam with Super 77 and slipped the leather cover on, it was not easy since the adhesive was clinging to the leather quicker than I imagined which made getting seam straight quite a challenge.

""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    Did you trim the foam or did the upholstery shop? Nice job BTW.
    2009 SSM GTS-V, Corsa, Rotofab CAI w/HSRK & Rad Cover, SC Cortex, GXP Front/Rear, CTSV's /PS2's summer, GXP's/RSA's winter, Triple Gauges & Smokers Pack, Sharkfin, Homelink Visor, Gentex Mirror, Weathertech's, Holden Console Lid, 35% window tint, Brembo's/slotted DBA's front & rear, UPR Catchcan
    1996 BR WS6 R/A Trans Am, 1 owner, 18,000 miles, LT4 conv, B&B Triflo, BMR LCA's, BMR Panhard, TA Rear Diff Cover, Hotchkis Strut Brace

F-1 Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1meand View Post
    I ordered the color samples yesterday. I have a red shifter to compare to their red and will post pictures when it gets here.
    Please let us know how the red matches..was going to order red perforated stripes on lid..but hestitant to see if matches seats red inserts..

thanks,
    Jim
    [B]09 Liquid Red/Sport/Premium
    "A few things changed"
    Best 1/4ET 12.15@116.73...in need of DR's bad..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbird View Post
    Did you trim the foam or did the upholstery shop? Nice job BTW.
    They did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Looks awesome. That's the the way I was/am going to order it. Matches the the way the seats are stitched. I assume thats black, not charcoal?
    09 SBM G8 GXP A6 (1 of 56 SBM GXP's made)
    Amberlamps DRL
    Redline leather console lid
    55w 6000k HID-dealer installed when new.
    LED fog lamps
    20" widened Camaro rims w/245/35 and 285/30 Nitto Invo's

SLP springs
    VMS tune
    Rotofab CAI w/hsrk
    1 3/4 ARH w/ HF cats

09 MSM G8 GT Premium/Sport-SOLD 10/15/10
    Tint
    GXP axlebacks, GXP rear diffuser
    Sharkfin antenna

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is black.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine in yesterday. Went with the Voilety Blue for the top and Black for the sides. The color is a bit dark but I wanted a darker blue so it works for me. The finish is excellent. Its very nicely put together. The fit is a bit off. 10 minutes to install is optimistic. It took me well over an hour to do this. I ended up using a spray adhesive to keep it in place, but I still couldn't get the sides to stay tight. I only got 2 of the clips to click back into place. The others won't fit cause the leather prevents the sides of the panel from setting back into place. I had to cut small slits to even allow the clips to click back in. It's a tight fit but it worked in the end. I might end up taking it to have it professionally installed but for now it will work.
    Attached Images Attached Images