Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wonder if I'm screwed...

Post Thanks / Like

I am not familiar with how the Cortex tuner works - can the files be emailed like the Vector tuner? If so just get it from someone else.

If not, I'm SURE that another Texan would allow you to user your Cortex on their car once they return it to stock. copy their stock tune, then you can install that on your car. I had shifting issues with mine just after I got it and the dealer changed my tune as well. Luckily for me I had not yet ordered my tune so didn't run this risk.

Even if you had to drive a few hours to get to someone I think it would be worth it (as opposed to losing dealer support for the transmission)...

An final option would be to borrow someone's Vector PowerCal and one of us can send you the file you need if the owner doesn't already have it (you might have to buy the tune from them if borrowing violates their Rules of Use).
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
    This won't work. Reason is that GM won't pay for it twice. Now if YOU offer to pay for it, you might prevail on some dealer to do it for you. Of course they will ask way to many questions as to your reason why. If all that doesn't go well, you may be screwed.
    Depends on the dealer.... If you say you still have the issue.... they look it up and see you have the old tune... then they will figure the last dealer screwed... up.... beleive me... its been done before .... depends on how you approach it.... and it may work for sure... it worked for me.... but I guess you know I dont know shit....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...