View Poll Results: Male or Female RCAs on the REAR AUX Connectors

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male ends to connect directly to your components

1 11.11%
  • Female ends to connect your own rca cables

8 88.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinking about building a lot of high quality rear audio audio/video connectors

Post Thanks / Like

ok, i updated a few things. i really hope the distributor will sell me the parts. i might have a problem because im not requesting enough to make it worth it for them. will let you guys know... and the price should be right at $30, can im going to try to start a pole how many would want female rca or male rca ends for these...

Post Thanks / Like

If you make them plug and play for around 30 bucks and they work in park with no other parts, I'd be on board! I'm thinking female ends would be good for me. Then I can just plug my iPhone in with no issues.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be on board too. Chris, what cable would we need with our iPhones?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    30 pin to male RCA red white yellow. I have one already. BestBuy or Amazon has them. The better ones come with a USB to plug into either a 110vac or 12vdc adaptor for charging.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    i searched far and wide, and finnaly stumbled across this all in one video solution for the newer iphone and ipods that use 5 volt charging. they also sell the ones that use 12 volt charging.

however i have a iphone 3gs i belive even the iphone 3g uses 5 volt charging, anyways check before you order this cable.

anyways. the cable converts 12 volt dc, your cars power into 5 volt your iphone or ipod needs to charge, this cable also has the composite video output and the rca audio left and right output. there for it does everything, and you can hard wire it into your cig lighter wires right under the stock radio connections. then it will turn on and charge your iphone only when the car is on.

i have been running this cable for probably 6 months now and it works great. best of all its only about $17 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-VOL...item439fc6cca2

i would be happy to answer any other questions about the iphone related to the g8 input of video, you can also check out a few youtube videos i have showing my video inputs on my g8

http://www.youtube.com/bmode36

Post Thanks / Like

Interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested
    MGM G8 GT: 8000k HID, Vararam, Solo HF cats and Shorty Cat Back, Livernois Tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    If you make them plug and play for around 30 bucks and they work in park with no other parts, I'd be on board! I'm thinking female ends would be good for me. Then I can just plug my iPhone in with no issues.

Chris
    Would it still work in drive for audio though? I don't need to see videos while driving, but having audio when driving would be a huge part of the go / no go decision for me.

I'm thinking I would use the Zune docking station, mount it somehow in the glovebox, and use some IR extender with the remote so that everything is "hidden" but it could still be controlled in the cab of the car. Have a lot of technical issues I need to figure out (IR blaster for starters)
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

PAC ir-x for an ir repeater that works well for a good price. Yes the audio still works when you go over 3 mph, the display reverts to "rear aux".

The distributor has been asking me a bunch of questions and I'm not sure which way this is going to go. Hopefully will know something by this week.