Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IP cluster recall 9076?

Post Thanks / Like

GM Vehicle Calibration Information

VIN: 6G2EC57Y09L189306
    Controller: IPC Instrument Panel Cluster

Calibration History for: Operating system
    Part Number CVN Bulletin # Description
    92244646 00006CAD - OS update to address IPC related flat battery and IPC caused SDM loss of communication
    92222110 00007256 - Operating system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calibration History for: Fuel
    92200165 000062E5 - New calibrations for improved operation.
    92197255 N/A - New part numbers required to breakpoint Instrument Cluster software for the Holden VE/WM platforms.
    92193128 N/A - Fuel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calibration History for: Service
    92193131 0000644D - Service

Print Close

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, which computer is getting these updates? I've heard of the ECM, TCM, and even a BCM. First two are easy enough but the BCM supposedly controls the rest of the vehicle. I'm only wondering if it's something I'd have to worry about as I play with my performance tunes?
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Post Thanks / Like

Well crap. Did the upgrade tonight. Sure, slight software version change in engineering mode, but literally nothing else changed. Maybe I already had the updated DIC and never knew it? Had to reset my TPM sensors which was easy, and my average fuel economy was reset, but that was it. Nothing new for me.

Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not have to reset anything after my update.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your software version when you go to engineering mode? I'm gonna check my car too, see if it's the right update

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    It adds a time and milage counter to the DIC and updates and corrects some of the functions. I liked it better. Just get it done while warranty is still good. (free) It is worth the time to get it done.

It will show a different Software Number (same part number) in the engineering mode after it is reflashed/updated.
    Can you take pictures of these new features? There has also been a rest reminder timer on the G8 and of the course the odometer was always in the DIC so I'd like to see if you actually got new features or just found some existing ones.
    2009 G8 GT::Panther Black

Post Thanks / Like

This is an old update. May '09
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I got my car in November '09. I guess it had the newer features, like a countdown timer for distance, etc. Someone must have updated it already before I got it, although when I looked on GMVIS I didn't see anything related to it. Oh well, got excited for a bit there that it was going to be something new for me... that said, anyone who doesn't have it yet, check it out because it is nifty.

I'm bored, and have to kill time after hosting a GM Conference today, so let me take a few mins to take pictures of it, and I'll upload them later.

Derek

Post Thanks / Like

I read the bulletin this morning, vin break is from 9L182220 to 9L318757. It says dealers are to confirm eligibilty prior to beginning repairs by using th GMVIS . NOT all vehicles within the breakpoints may be involved.
    09 Liquid red G8GT
    VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune
    8000k hid's
    Inalfa sunroof
    Mach Shorty, Solo HFC's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
    Rotofab cai & radiator cover
    BT from 09.5
    GXP fascia & diffuser
    BMR subframe connectors & bushings, diff bushings, trans brace, trailering arms
    13.207@107.11
    338 hp/337 tq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnak View Post
    Can you take pictures of these new features? There has also been a rest reminder timer on the G8 and of the course the odometer was always in the DIC so I'd like to see if you actually got new features or just found some existing ones.
    I am NOT talking about the Rest Reminder or the Odometer. I know what they are.