Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first sport bike kill

Post Thanks / Like

So true about sport bikes but it is nice to keep up nice kill anyways
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deb0650 View Post
    As the owner of a Kawasaki ZX10R and a life long rider, you got lucky! Any modern 600cc plus sportbike with a decent rider will smoke pretty much any factory car made.
    Agreed! Unless you're heavily modded and the guy/girl is scared to push the bike you can't touch a sportbike. I'm speaking from being an experienced bike sport bike owner.

Let the hate on me begin...

Post Thanks / Like

I feel you gr8lover lol I normally don't condone it but every once in a while I get a little stupid and in this instance I was obviously a little excited about it. I realize most sport bikes are faster than most g8s. However, in my research trying to figure out what kind of bike it was exactly (to no avail), I have read of several sport bikes that a g8 with just a canned tune can match or defeat. Hopefully I'll see this guy out and about sometime and can maybe flag him down to see what it really is he's riding. He may have just been scared to go any faster, who knows...
    "Elvira" aka "Red Nasty": 2008 Liquid Red G8 GT - Mustang Dyno before several mods: 376rwhp, 384 lb-ft tq - PowerBond 25% UDP, Modified Spectre/Rotofab CAI, LS7 MAF, tb ported by Yours Truly , Taylor Thundervolt wires, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Solo HFCs, QTP e-cutouts, Solo Mach Shorty, Camaro SS Deep Sump Trans Pan, Norris Motorsports Catch Can, TUNED by PAT G, Brembo GXP Front Brake Kit w/ StopTech Street Performance pads, Gunmetal TSW Nurburgrings 20x8.5 +43 front and 20x10 +35 rear, 255/35/20 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+, rolled and pulled rear fenders with fender-bumper joints shaved, GXP rear struts, BMR rear end links, BMR Differential Bushings, "G8 GT 6.0 Liter" Trunk Badge, "L76 6.0" Sideskirt Badges, Black Painted Accents , GXP Rear Diffuser, Bohnman Chin Splitter, Lloyd Rubbertite Floormats.

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience in riding for the last 18 years, is there are a lot of motorcycle riders that do NOT know how to really push their bike. From how to launch the bike, to fast and timed shifts. Although new sport bikes are pretty fast so even an unskilled rider can be somewhat fast. But if you line up against someone who knows how to take it to the limit then you will get your ass handed to you.
    It's really cool when beat one though. Just like beating any other fast car due to lack of driver.
    Good kill. Just be careful on the streets.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    09 White GT Sport/Premium/Moon roof, Sirius Radio, tinted, VG Shark Fin, GXP diffuser and Camaro wheels still sitting in a box.
    Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LT with HFCs and Solo Axle backs, Vararam intake, HSRK, Reckart 90mm maf housing and updated LS3 maf, homemade catch can, and Tuned by Master Patrick Guerra on Kurt's dyno in Victoria TX. I use 93 octane, Mobil 1 synthetic, and Prolong additive.
    Current power numbers as Sept 3, 2012 - 391HP/395LBS
    No new qtr mile times as of yet.
    Previous Best 13.175 @ 103mph - Dallas Raceway with Home made oil catch can, Vararam intake, HSRK, X-pipe, HP Tuners (Intense Tune)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Labanb View Post
    Agreed! Unless you're heavily modded and the guy/girl is scared to push the bike you can't touch a sportbike. I'm speaking from being an experienced bike sport bike owner.

Let the hate on me begin...

Get some......

Once rolling, the weight issue is not the same as it would be from a Dig. Those R6s were WOT BALLS OUT and the closest one to me @151 was the 2010 w/full exhaust/power commander/intake and sprockets. He came up to my left rear quarter.

Speedos are so far off on those bikes, he said his speedo was reading upwards of 160 and he was inching up to me and I let off @ 151

We just left the track, those bikes were bottom 11s/high 10s in the 1/4

Now, on my Busa... If Jesse was on my bike he would've passed me by far.

Streets / Roll Races and anything Not on the track will always yield different results. They all beat me at the track, could barely hang with me on the freeway. Go figure.
    2014 Chevy SS - RedHot
    #115 0f 291 Built as optioned

11.217@124.89 Personal Best

Post Thanks / Like

Explain this to everyone. Why would a rider be on the outside of a car racing around a left hand curve? Or on the outside of any curve for that matter.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Explain this to everyone. Why would a rider be on the outside of a car racing around a left hand curve? Or on the outside of any curve for that matter.
    Why would I need to explain anything? Have you ever just had fun with your friends before?
    2014 Chevy SS - RedHot

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first sport bike kill

I guess you missed what I meant. I have ridden but stopped when my kids wanted on the bike. When down twice but no serious injuries.
    I was taught to lag back on the outside of a turn if we were riding two across. It was intended to show how to still have fun but still be safe.
    Since you really don't know me, plenty here know that I know how to have fun.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Guessing by how they dont tuck in the video I'd say the experience isn't that high.

Sent From: A Nuclear Plant
    Rotofab
    Kooks LT
    Solo HFC
    Solo Mach
    Pedders Street II GSR kit
    Livernois 1C Cam DOD Delete
    Milled Heads
    Ported Intake
    Ported Throttle Body

Bolt ons dyno W/Pat G tune: 364/373
    After:430/404

Post Thanks / Like

You must have an amazing set of eyes if you can see them appearing to not be tucked. They were all sitting straight back'd and relaxed like a Beach cruiser as they hit 150mph.........

No eye protection and drinking a Slurpee too.... lol
    2014 Chevy SS - RedHot