Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P0633 theft deterent error on Replaced ECM? car wont crank!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Make sure the battery is fully charged before doing the relearn.
    Will do... car has been sitting so long... this could be an issue for sure!! I will make sure it is all charged up!!! thx
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I will have the tuner try this on Sunday.... thanks!!!!! I am hoping it works!!!!
    Tuner... on SUNDAY... that's awesome! :-)
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:
    Tried procedure 3 full sequences... (3 times of 3 times each...) and still there... and wont even try to crank.....

saw a earlier post if there is no keylock symbol on dash then ECM is bad... but I do have the keylock symbol......

so no luck so far!!!!!!

going to check all the fuses and starter wiring.. but still has the darn p0633 code....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question but ....Did the dealer put the correct vin in the ECM ?? For some reason it sounds like the modules
    are communicated with each other.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edmanet View Post
    Stupid question but ....Did the dealer put the correct vin in the ECM ?? For some reason it sounds like the modules
    Damn. Good point/question.

Post Thanks / Like

I still think its the security relearn thing. I dunno if that backyard procedure actually works though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    I still think its the security relearn thing. I dunno if that backyard procedure actually works though.
    It does, I did it on my car. Post 71 in my aps TT Install thread has a link to how I did it. It's a bitch and it has to be exact. If I remember right I made sure every thing was off and reached through the drivers side window to make sure nothing else electrical happens on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 White Hot G8 GT

(new)499RWHP/474RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    (old)451RWHP / 498RWTQ Mustang Dyno
    1/4=11.400@118.7 17" Drag Radials, stall, cam 1.77 60'
    1/4=12.004@120.6 17" Drag Radials 2.03 60'
    1/4=12.270 @118.3 on 18" All Seasons 2.08 60'
    SLOWHAWK Tuned

If you can't say anything intelligent, say something loud and stupid
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GT721 View Post
    It does, I did it on my car. Post 71 in my aps TT Install thread has a link to how I did it. It's a bitch and it has to be exact. If I remember right I made sure every thing was off and reached through the drivers side window to make sure nothing else electrical happens on the car
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We did it exactly like your posting..... but still no go... may try again...
    but what does the phrase in the instruction mean "the procedure will not learn the immobilzer prerelease password or the challenge/response data".... how does it get to do those things?... anything special have to be done?..... hmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edmanet View Post
    do you know is there a way to check with HP tuners if the VIN number was put in correctly????.... or do I need a dealer to do that?.... my dealer seems to not be able to do anything with the ECM alone... they need it in the car.....

I wonder if I can get a loaner or something from someone like Vector to see if it is a ECM issue or some other wiring issue.... I will call them in the morning... trying to move the car back to the dealer is a real pita....

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Send it to me I'll check it out I'm guessing they didnt program ANYTHING into it so its blank; I can program it for you.