Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: VIDEO: Cops Get Their Hands On The NEW Chevy Caprice Patrol Vehicle, YOU ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    It's based on the Holden Caprice instead of the Holden Commodore that the G8 is based on. Still the Zeta platform, just a longer wheelbase. Under the hood looks almost identical to a G8 with the V8.

Great pic Len. If you look at the top of the headlights you'll see where the strobes are at.They had 4 at our local chevy dealer.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. I have driven the new Caprice several times at the GM Proving Grounds on their track. Probably the biggest differences are the longer WB does make a difference on chassis rotation in corners, the shift algorithms are much better than my 08 GT, even with my programmer, and dash updates make for a cleaner presentation with higher quality materials. The Caprice does have the sport mode, but no separate shifting gate. There is just a button located nest to the shifter, which was also moved to make room for center radio console. Also, the seats are LE specific, and they rock. Way more comfortable the ones in my G8. Brake booster pressure is also improved with the use of a larger piston ala Camaro.

Post Thanks / Like

I swear I just saw one today driving around. Maybe it was the malibu though...
    2001 Camaro SS w/ some bolt-ons

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is one

Emailed that to a few friends at Holden. They enjoyed it.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T