Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh No! GM may drop Pontiac, GMC brands

Post Thanks / Like

Hummer is probably going to be sold if they already have 3 prospective bidders, I agree wth dumping GMC though, its truly pointless to have the same vehicle with two different name brands.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    I agree wth dumping GMC though, its truly pointless to have the same vehicle with two different name brands.
    BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104
    You might not agree if you just dropped over 30k on a new Acadia for the wife....

Post Thanks / Like

The latest that I heard was that YUGO was buying GM. I don't care what badge the G8 wears. The grill can remain the same denoting the Pontiac Heritage. I don't want them to stop making this car where it is built. Everyone is talking emblems, well make it GM's import car line with the Holden Logo. But don't crap on one of the best cars GM Corp. has made in a reeeaaaallll lllllloooooonnnnnggggg ttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeeeee!
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Pontiac had always been the core "excitement" line. They like to use it as the test bed for new, aggressive ideas, then tame and tone them down for chevrolet. The Firebirds, Formulas, and TransAms were always way more aggressive looking than the Camaros, Z28, and SS. I do agree the problem is redundancy though. Let Chevrolet keep the nore mundane appearing vehicles (with the exception of the Corvette of course), Caddy have the "i have more dollars than sense" genre, and GMC keep the trucks (traditionally they have cost less and have higher resale values than the Chevy counterparts". Saab, Hummer, and the other can pretty much go though. If they do get rid of Pontiac, then they should make the Holdens available here also. Above all else, fire Lutz (every other car company has)
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be suprised if GM came out of this with more than 3 brands. To be honest I hope they don't come out of it with more than that. Part of there problem is they are to big to make timely changes to there vehicles.
    Take the cars that sell and rebadge them. Unfortunately the g8gt will probably disappear and the Camaro/Corvette will be the performance options. They will probably make a "performance sedan" but I doubt it will have a V8. Probably more likely a 300+ hp V6.
    Liquid Red 2008 GT
    Vararam CAI
    Kooks 1 3/4" LT's and x-pipe w/cats
    Henderson Performance dyno tune

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AusTXGT View Post
    I would be suprised if GM came out of this with more than 3 brands. To be honest I hope they don't come out of it with more than that. Part of there problem is they are to big to make timely changes to there vehicles.
    Take the cars that sell and rebadge them. Unfortunately the g8gt will probably disappear and the Camaro/Corvette will be the performance options. They will probably make a "performance sedan" but I doubt it will have a V8. Probably more likely a 300+ hp V6.
    I think you will always see a V8 caddy sedan...
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

GM to keep GMC, Pontiac, exec says

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/904169983

A senior General Motors executive today denied reports that President Barack Obama's automotive task force has pressured the automaker to dump GMC and Pontiac.
    Last edited by GM_Fan; 04-17-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I think you will always see a V8 caddy sedan...
    That is true. I always forget about cadillac.
    Liquid Red 2008 GT
    Vararam CAI
    Kooks 1 3/4" LT's and x-pipe w/cats
    Henderson Performance dyno tune

Post Thanks / Like

Yada yada, .......................endlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Harvard School of MBA marches on. Look at it this way, we all now own a collectors car. HHHMMMM, might go buy that 6spd MT GPX G-8 and put it in a climate cotolled warehouses thats thticket and I'll see you all on the Barrett Jackson Auctin in about 20 to 25 years.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)