Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glovebox Vibration

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to make a real thin sheet metal kit that is the exact shape as the inside and refelt it. This way it is heavier and more durable, but undetectable.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

All around good guy but prefer warm Louisiana Mississippi Florida coast.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    OK I am SUPER anal about squeaks and rattles... What I've done in the past to quell them is used the soft side of VelcroŽ and stuck it wherever plastic met plastic and had a potential to squeak. Another good thing is those felt cabinet door cushions.

This glove box has me worried but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle
    I like that idea, I'm going to try and wrap some either on the rod or the rod slut.

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL69 View Post
    The glove box has to be the cheapest thing made on our cars. The wife broke it the 2nd day we had it. Now I have to tweek it a little bit on the key side to get it to latch properly.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I think I am going to make a real thin sheet metal kit that is the exact shape as the inside and refelt it. This way it is heavier and more durable, but undetectable.
    I was thinking it's only a matter of time before someone on the aftermarket jumps on this, but if U can knock it out first...Oh! Wait!...What if U wrap the outside in Carbon fiber?

It's the latest craze and everyone is wild about it!

We're Gonna be rich!

Just a thought!

Cheers!
    Regards,

EC-Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

Rod slut? You're turning me one EC...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4gasem View Post
    OK I am SUPER anal about squeaks and rattles... What I've done in the past to quell them is used the soft side of VelcroŽ and stuck it wherever plastic met plastic and had a potential to squeak. Another good thing is those felt cabinet door cushions.

This glove box has me worried but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle
    GM uses that same technology. You can see it in your cars if you look closely enough (havn't looked hard at the G8 yet). They call it "scratch" tape or something. They will use it between panels and such to eliminated just what your talking about!

Post Thanks / Like

That noise drives me nuts too.... It's very random. I usually open and close the glove box and it goes away for awhile.

I'm gonna take a closer look at it this weekend and see if I can't get it fixed.
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT / Premium Package / Stealth Blue Metallic
    SHOW: Tint / "Pontiac" & "GM" badge delete / "V8 6.0 Litre" Oz badges / Reflective Concepts Arrowhead Overlays / IWM w/ Blue Display
    & GO:Vararam OTR "Baby SuperCharger" / VMS ECM/TCM Tune + HSRK / Corsa Cat-Back

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / Special Edition / Plum Crazy Pearl Gone but not forgotten

2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / Special Edition / Plum Crazy Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem so my dealer just ordered and gave me a new glove box. It worked out great because mine had a big scratch on it.
    MGM G8 GT: 8000k HID, Vararam, Solo HF cats and Shorty Cat Back, Livernois Tune.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a rattle somewhere on the upperish, left side of the radio/dash area. it's killing me, I can't find what it is. I have tried pressing in on different areas to see if it wwill stop so i can fix it, but it seems like it is something behind the panels. I guess i will have to tear the dash apart...
    White '08 G8 GT

Mods: AFE CAI, Superchips Cortex programmer, GXP mufflers, Resonator delete with custom H-pipe, 5000K HIDs, tinted windows.