Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Aux Input Cables (The Right Way)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MeanGreenZ71 View Post
    I got an email from them saying mine went through but one part showed a quantity of zero. Ill see what was included when I get the parts. If I dont get it, ill PM you about purchasing our stuff together.
    All of mine says shipped except for the 18 pin part #5348 which shows 0. I let you know once they arrive.
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers

Post Thanks / Like

Everything arrived today excpet for the (1355348-1) 18 Pin Holder
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived today and was missing the same thing. If you find an outlet for purchasing that 1 part let me know. I really don't want to have to purchase $27 worth of extra parts just to get the one missing pin holder.
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Prem/Sport, No Roof

Current: Pypes Violators, Magnaflow 12468 "Drone Killer" in midpipe, Spectre CAI, Cortex, UPR Catch Can, VG Sharkfin, LEDs, Smoked Bumper Lenses, Morimoto 4300K HIDs, V6 Tails, Redline Armrest Cover, Rear Aux Cables, Autodim Mirror, Pontiac Trunk Mat

Future: Window Tint, Headers, Cam?

Post Thanks / Like

The pins and small connector showed up today but that is all.

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email showing that they shipped the last connector. I guess it was backordered and didnt make the initial shipment. I had already found a place to order it from just in case.

Current: Pypes Violators, Magnaflow 12468 "Drone Killer" in midpipe, Spectre CAI, Cortex, UPR Catch Can, VG Sharkfin, LEDs, Smoked Bumper Lenses, Morimoto 4300K HIDs, V6 Tails, Redline Armrest Cover, Rear Aux Cables, Autodim Mirror, Pontiac Trunk Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Got the last connector in the mail. I know the first post uses component cables for the rear aux cable but what do I need to make audio and video work with my iphone 4?
    Last edited by MeanGreenZ71; 11-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Im almost done gathering parts to install my cables. One question though. I want to have my cables ran from the back of the HU to my center console and I want to have RCA plugins mounted on the inside of my center console. Should I just get 6'-8' RCA cables, cut off the female ends, and connect them to the connectors? I would then buy some RCA "bulkhead" or "chassis mount" jacks which are female-female like IndyPete and mount those in my center console. This way I could plug in my iphone component cable directly into the center console and everything would be hidden. Would this work? Am I on the right track? Im pretty dumb when it comes to electronics.

Something like this cable: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...rName=Category

Bulkhead Jacks: http://www.amazon.com/Bulkhead-Feed-...pd_sim_sbs_e_2

Apple Cable: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...osite-av-cable

Post Thanks / Like

^ I believe that my cable is 6' that runs into my console. I have moved mine since then. I plug my iphone into the apple cord that is in the cubby next to cig lighter.There is a hole right above the cubby where the cable will slide right thru.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting around to doing this. Does anyone have more info of which locations the pins go in the connectors? The pictures on the first post look pretty confusing. Maybe just a little explaining of where to install the pins would help. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the writeup. Tyco sent samples of all the parts except for 2-1355524-3.