Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Improved Holden A/C Belt Throwing Fix.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul my car was throwing belt so my mechanic replaced just the tensioner. You don't think that's a good ide ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roman1978 View Post
    Paul my car was throwing belt so my mechanic replaced just the tensioner. You don't think that's a good ide ?
    Replacing the tensioner is necessary to keep the belt from immediately throwing if you don't replace the bracket. In the end, it's still only a temporary fix, though. Replacing the bracket is the only way to knock out the issue permanently.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

3. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^agree with Kevin^^^

Some guys swear by sticking on a smaller belt but the fact is, this belt could come off and break the compressor pulley or cam sensor and leave you, HOT!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

how is it going to break the cam sensor ? just curious also the car is drivable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roman1978 View Post
    how is it going to break the cam sensor ? just curious also the car is drivable
    He's talking about a violent break where the belt takes something with it in its death throes. Chances of that are increased when the belt is stretched more tightly, since there's more energy to disperse. He's not saying your car is already toast.

Long story short, Paul's bracket is your best bet.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

got you thanks

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missan nissan View Post
    Paul,
    Can I still get one of these brackets.... like everyone else i lost a belt
    Yes, a shipment of 8 brackets and belts just arrived in Florida today.
    Plenty to go around at the moment.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Some guys swear by sticking on a smaller belt but the fact is, this belt could come off, break your cam sensor and leave you stranded. Not to mention, HOT!
    A broken cam sensor won't leave you stranded. The car will still start and run with no cam sensor at all. You can unplug it and the only ill effect will be longer cranking time for the initial start and then random backfires here and there.
    The major wallet-busting consequence of a thrown A/C belt would be damage to the A/C pulley. Plenty of people have cracked away the front of the compressor pulley, which isn't a seperately available part.
    Broken A/C pulley below.
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 05-05-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, good to know! I changed my initial post. Either way, I replaced it! It's a two hour job with plenty of B.Sing time in there with a buddy... Probably an hour job now that we've done it. lol

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul for the belt and bracket. I haven't installed it yet but now my A/C belt will come with just heavy acceleration. I guess I can't keep putting the install off.
    2009 G8 GXP - MSM/M6/Vararam/Sunroof/35%Tint/Partial Debage