Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Front bumper crack repair mod / can you live with it?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front bumper crack repair mod / can you live with it?!

When I bought my GT I purchased it KNOWING the front bumper was cracked in half

I repaired it but know it's there and I don't know why but it's eating at me when I think about adding things to the car
    If you guys can deal with it how long have you been rolling around with a cracked front bumper and how did you convince yourself it didn't need to be replaced

It's killing me lol

I just feel 650.00 could go elsewhere on the car...

If some of you have tried to repair it yourselves and wouldn't mind posting a pic that would be awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain, but mine is the plugs that went in the license plate bracket holes when I took it off. Just today, I was floating the idea of having a body shop fill the holes and paint the entire bumper cover or buy a new one and have it painted and put on. I feel it too. I could use that $650 to buy some Solos and GXP diffuser.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows how long the front bumper covers will be around for...
    Then your talking not hundreds for a G8 cover but thousands for a full Holden conversion ��
    Lights, fenders, hood

I ish someone would make a nice quality reproduction bumper
    I'm sure it will happen at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. Mine was cracked under the car, hardly visible unless you got underneath it. Recently pulled too far over a stupid parking barrier and it pulled it out more. Now you can see it. I wanted to get a GXP bumper anyway but not when I'm saving for my kooks mid pipe for the LTs I just bought.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a rock put a big ding in the bumper,that was on the way to Iowa for the 1st G8 Meet (2010). 2013 I hit a curb at Mc Donalds,still rocking the beat up bumper. maybe someday I will fix it.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    I had a rock put a big ding in the bumper,that was on the way to Iowa for the 1st G8 Meet (2010). 2013 I hit a curb at Mc Donalds,still rocking the beat up bumper. maybe someday I will fix it.
    It's tough finding a used one...that would be the best bet and personally what I'm going to try to do this year.
    I just think even if a body shop could repair it, it's just a matter of time before it cracks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StormSG553 View Post
    It's tough finding a used one...that would be the best bet and personally what I'm going to try to do this year.
    I just think even if a body shop could repair it, it's just a matter of time before it cracks again.
    It can be repaired. Body shops have a product that's flexible and bonds to the bumper.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.