Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Picked-Up My GXP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    I think your screen name says it all, GRRRR8! Thanks, just wasnt 100% sure on the arrows especially the ones on the rims.
    I think the rims look really good! It ties them into the paint color.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

I think this article might be old, I noticed that the lug nuts are plain and mine are chrome. Or maybe I got lucky and got a production mistake. What about you N2G8GXP, is yours this way?

X
    I think you may have got lucky and got a production mistake. Here is a photo from DaMaine1 showing the dash without the red instrument cluster with all black interior:

http://s521.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture016.jpg
    Last edited by 08G8V8; 03-07-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sport red wouldnt get the rings, I believe only the colors that had the onyx/red option for the GT

2009.5 G8 GT PBM W/ ONYX/RED INTERIOR PREMIUM PKG, SPORT PKG, SUNROOF, AND BLUETOOTH
    **SuperChips 93 RotoFab Tune **RotoFab CAI **Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust
    **20% Tint **6000k HIDs **Audi Style LEDs

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to looking as some of the documents the dealer gave me. They gave me the "sales person only" brochure and it said that only certain colors get the red guages. I will look it up again and let you know the exact ones (but Black was one of them).

X
    2009 Panther Black Metalic G8 GXP M6 - No Mods Yet! Unless you consider, 20% tint, Garmin GPS, Pontiac Mud Flaps as mods.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet ride. Be safe!
    2009.25 Pontiac G8 GT, Switchblade Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport packages
    Atari Gauge Mod, Hard Wired Nav w/ ProClip, AFE CAI, Superchips Tune 2.0, Clearmask Complete Kit. PIAA Bright White Bulbs All Around. Putco Fog Lamp Bulbs, Royal Purple Synthetic, Debaged, 6.0 Litres, SS, and V Badges.
    From page 8-7 in the G8 Owners Manual - "If more power is needed for passing, and the vehicle is going about 35MPH or more, push the accelerator all the way down"

Post Thanks / Like

We have been busy out driving the G8, GXP I am not real sure what the question is about the rings on the instrument panel but the color changes, and it depends if the vehicle is off or running here is a link to one of our photos
    http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...S/jan12001.jpg
    Oh by the way did I ever say who much fun it is to drive? Probably just about everytime I drive it!!! By the way congrats to everyone who has purchased one. Also 99-LS1-SS it is about time, I am not sure who waited the longest between the two of us. I have really tried to behave most days but when provoked have not been able to resist the challenge, ate a red mustang, BMW-5 series and a suped up pick up. (I am just the little ole' lady).

Post Thanks / Like

couple things x...

skip shift eliminator is the way to go, unless you are getting it tuned, in which case the function can be turned of in the ecm... (I assume it is the ecm... is there a tcm on a manual?). You can say whatever websites you want on here cause Charlie is a chill mofo... I should know I talk mad smack to him all the time and he is still cool with me.

Welcome on board and nice pics... want to switch facias with me for that super stealth look?
    11 Mopar 11 Charger

11 Ram 1500 White Crewcab Hemi 4x4 Sport TRADED

10 F150 Raptor Black 5.4 Supercab TRADED

09 GT Black Premium Sport TRADED

Mods: Livernois Stage I Kit with ported intake and TB, Livernois Tune, New Era OTR CAI, UDP, Kooks 1 7/8 catted LT, GXP Front end conversion, GXP mufflers, GXP rear diffuser, VMR VB3 19x9.5, Nitto Invo 275s, TMA 3202, 2 JL Audio 12"s, Limo tint.

Upcoming Mods: GXP brake conversion, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, BMR Subframe Connectors and Trailing Arms, Pedders XA Street system, It is good to have a plan.

08 GT Black Premium Sport RIP
    2 JL Audio 12"s

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to looking as some of the documents the dealer gave me. They gave me the "sales person only" brochure and it said that only certain colors get the red guages. I will look it up again and let you know the exact ones (but Black was one of them).

X
    Silver is one too.
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2G8GXP View Post
    We have been busy out driving the G8, GXP I am not real sure what the question is about the rings on the instrument panel but the color changes, and it depends if the vehicle is off or running here is a link to one of our photos
    http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...S/jan12001.jpg
    Oh by the way did I ever say who much fun it is to drive? Probably just about everytime I drive it!!! By the way congrats to everyone who has purchased one. Also 99-LS1-SS it is about time, I am not sure who waited the longest between the two of us. I have really tried to behave most days but when provoked have not been able to resist the challenge, ate a red mustang, BMW-5 series and a suped up pick up. (I am just the little ole' lady).
    I'm actually glad you posted N2G8GXP. It jogged my memory about something. First off, thank you, I'm glad I got it finally too. Secondly, you posted, at some point, that the skip shift locked out 2nd and 3rd to direct you to 4th. I told you that it only locked out 2nd. I think I was wrong. When I'm cruising around I usually go 1st, 3rd, 5th for smooth driving. Occasionally, I'll activate the skip shift and it won't let me in 3rd until the light on the dash goes off. So I believe you were correct in your early statement. My 99 Trans Am didn't lock out 3rd but it appears that the GXP does. I apologize about that.

- John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Actually when going slow from first to second it will lock out. I have been able to go to third without a problem. I purchased a skip shift eliminator from Summit Racing they have several different brands available.