Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threw a lifter need a stock tune

Post Thanks / Like

I think our 09 models are the last year that GM had that they could not map tunes. Now I think 2010 Camaro's actually falls into this issue of being able to tell if and when it's been manipulated (don't remember when I heard this but it's been a couple years ago). As long as you haven't opened up the engine (no cam) I think a lifter failing is a mechanical defect from the factory that would have nothing to do with a tune or headers. Just be sure to get the stock tune from Pat G.
    2009 Voodoo Metallic Blue G8 GT
    1 of less than 1,111
    Premium/non-Sport & no-roof >
    HSV Engine Cover, HSV R8 8/9.5x19 Clubsport summer set, Corsa CB,
    18" Drag-37 winter set, Pontiac cargo tray, Vararam OTR, V6 Radiator Cover,
    BMR Sways, Yellow +09 CTS-V Brembos, LLumar Ceramic Tint 40/30/15%,

5 Year Plan: Kooks Mids, Pat G Tune, 3.27 Dif, HSV Front Guards & Flutes, E3 Front Bumper

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that's the case soupo70

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soup070 View Post
    As long as you haven't opened up the engine (no cam) I think a lifter failing is a mechanical defect from the factory that would have nothing to do with a tune or headers.
    If the tune allows you to rev it past the factor rev limiter and you trash a stock lifter, then the tune could have a lot to do with it, however I agree that headers should have no impact on the lifter failure.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Well just wanted to update. Finally got in touch with Patrick G and got a stock tune put on the car. Had the dealer send a tow truck last week and was told a GM rep had to look at it before they would fix it. Of course I was nervous lol. So I call Friday to get an update and was told my car was fixed and ready to be picked up, what a relief!

So I went straight to carmax right after I picked it up on Saturday and was offered 16k wtf! They had one for sale with the same amount of miles and options for 23k blamed door dings and a few minor scratches. Anyway will be taking the car to a few body shops this week and getting her fixed up and will be selling her myself.

Post Thanks / Like

What parts are you selling?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be selling some kooks LT 1 7/8 headers non coated, corsa full cat back exhaust,and kooks catted connectors and a full size factory g8 19" spare and tire