Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Upgrade Summary

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!!! Great thread!!!
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I am going to go broke with all the suggestions, but at least I will be smiling the entire time.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some info I received this AM from SuperPro in Australia about their front radius rods and lower control arms. Part numbers TRC1000 & TRC1001

I'm looking at buying a full set from BMR, but I needed more info than what both BMR and SuperPro's site could offer. At first I got the canned email back which infuriated me, and when I pressed for more info, a man named Scott Bennett emailed me back with the below information as well as information that they revisited the pricing on the arms and have lowered them to meet market pricing. I've got a PM into Kyle at BMR to see what that means for us. My goal is to buy the arms all ready to go with the poly inserts because I have no-one around here that can do the work.

On the technical side, the ball joints used in both of our arms utilise an encapsulated, heavy duty nylon style design, made to our specifications to ensure maximum durability.
    The caster arms have the caster adjustment plates included in the kit to allow for caster adjustment.
    The new pricing structure will close the gap significantly over the price of the individual components.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick note on the warranty status on the Bilstein shocks..

Forget it - no warranty available. One of my rears broke last week and many emails and conversations with Australia and Germany and three drives to BilsteinUS. No luck.

I did find a new shock I plan on attempting to install to replace both rear shocks. It is the offering for the Camaro rear. 24-222976. Lifetime warranty when installed on a Camaro but nothing for our application. But they are only a little over $100 each so quite a bit more affordable. The compression is a little stiffer and rebound a little softer. How they work with my King HD springs will be discovered this weekend when I do the install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing compilation!!! Thank you!!!

Anyone have a link for rear subframe bushing install diy? I think I'm going to loosen bolts and do them a pair at a time, but want to avoid taking the driveshaft loose, etc. I've seen mention of the Pedders document (it apparently does not require removing the subframe wholly), which, of course, is not available at this point. I've searched but keep coming up empty other than a few tips here and there. Thanks in advance!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

here, from BMR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, here is the alignment specs:
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

for those with OEM bushings, here is the timing
    Sport /Premium

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

torque specs
    Sport /Premium

Post Thanks / Like

So this kit from pace performance doesn't have the latest and greatest Control Arms for the front?
    I don't want to have to do this again in a year.
    http://paceperformance.com/i-7138834...l-arm-kit.html