Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: American Racing Headers Review & Installation

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbradsh1 View Post
    I hear ya Mike, but trust me, when you get the stage 1 cam ... at part throttle, heavy throttle, full throttle, any throttle except maybe babying it, and you get some serious noise. I'm beginning to think that it just comes with the territory, hot cam equals lots of hp equals well, noise. But it is so worth it ...
    Valve train is definitely louder with cam. I have a video that is going on an hour and a half uploading to youtube. You can hear the louder valve train, and I am sure the LT's don't help. It is still stock quiet on the inside of the car.
    2008 MGM G8 GT (795 of 888)
    MODS: HPTuner, Circle-D Stage I 3600 Stall Converter, Livernois Stage II non-DOD cam, ARH 1-3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, Powerbond 25% UDP, VMS HSRK, NGK TR-5IX, LC-1 WBO2, 18% tint
    Track: 12.090@114.88 1/4, 7.756@??? 1/8, 1.712 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by g8_795 View Post
    It is still stock quiet on the inside of the car.
    At cruise, right? Mine is also stock quiet at cruise but no where else after the cam.
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

This is Steve's American Racing header thread. Find a good cam thread to hijack.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by g8_795 View Post
    Valve train is definitely louder with cam. I have a video that is going on an hour and a half uploading to youtube. You can hear the louder valve train, and I am sure the LT's don't help. It is still stock quiet on the inside of the car.

I just saw your "Cammed 2008 Pontiac G8" clip on You Tube, very nice! Valve train, lope, and everything doesn't sound too loud. I know that sometimes on video clips you can't capture the real world sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1CPq0XKm4

Nice cam clip....

Edit: Just noticed you have the Livernois Stage 2 cam....

2009 White Hot G8 GT (stock)

* SOLD * 222/230 .597/.600 114+4 EPS Cam, Patrick G ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, Yank 3200 Torque Converter,
    Transmission Cooler, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, high flow cats, stock mufflers, Billet Prototypes Catch Can, UD Pulley,
    Ported Intake Manifold, Spohn Trailing Arms

407 RWHP & 365 RWTQ

Best Time: 12.517 @ 115.02mph w/ 1.97 60' time - (on stock 18" AS Tires)

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbradsh1 View Post
    Say Tom, is there any way to quiet the ARH headers, such as with a wrap or what have you?
    By your sig you don't have our system. But if you have valvetrain noise due to a cam install welcome to the LSX world they all due it. Header wrap will help some maybe but it's terrible for the headers and promotes weld failure it's a race car only thing and even then I would'nt recommend it. what I have seen with my own vehicles(H&C 2000 SS 460rwhp & 2003 ZO6) the best way to calm some of the chatter is a good race oil I use redline or Joe Gibbs it's expensive but has all the additives the greenies took out. it got rid of alot of my noise not all but I was running a 600+ lift cam

Call the shop @
    Ph #(631) 608-1986
    Amityville,NY
    E-Mail: tom@americanracingheaders.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post
    By your sig you don't have our system. But if you have valvetrain noise due to a cam install welcome to the LSX world they all due it. Header wrap will help some maybe but it's terrible for the headers and promotes weld failure it's a race car only thing and even then I would'nt recommend it. what I have seen with my own vehicles(H&C 2000 SS 460rwhp & 2003 ZO6) the best way to calm some of the chatter is a good race oil I use redline or Joe Gibbs it's expensive but has all the additives the greenies took out. it got rid of alot of my noise not all but I was running a 600+ lift cam
    Good to know.
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports