Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Question: G8 GT with 20" Camaro rims and stock camaro tires... Rubbing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question: G8 GT with 20" Camaro rims and stock camaro tires... Rubbing?

I recently placed 5th gen 2010 Camaro tires/rims on my G8 GT. Recently viewing many posts and forums I noticed that it was supposed to be a easy bolt on… sadly not.
    I feel it rub on any sharp turns with a full rotation of the steering wheel and on bumps, occurring on the front and rear of the vehicle.
    The rims look good but has rubbing on the inner wheel wells and the bottom of the strut assembly, which is resting on the front tires.
    Now I see this Camaro swap done to many vehicles, what am I doing wrong?
    Im guessing low profile tires?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

The rims will fit fine but ..if you have the camaro stock tires on those wheels it will not work out for you.

You need to change the rubber. If they are staggered the front tires need to be 245/35-20 and the rears need to be 275/30-20 or 285
    Last edited by MongosG8; 03-24-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

3. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Mongo said it is a easy bolt on with the right rubber..I'm running what he stated 245/35 275/30..stock suspension never had a rubbing issue even with 4 adults. There is a ton of info on this forum about this setup.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting a set of these in the morning and I had always read about how the Camaro tires wouldn't work. It was nice to see what caused them to not work.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say this..... I think it looks much better with the stock Camaro tires (a little more sidewall).. Too bad they won't work.