Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: G8 GT Spare Tire Tool Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
    If the O.D. is darn close to the stock G8 GT O.D. I would guess there is a better than fair chance it will fit. There is still room to spare (no pun intended) with a 19" wheel with stock rubber.

You could always jack up your G8, take one of your 20" rims in there and see if it fits, the jack will certainly fit under the rim give the larger I.D. of the 20" rim (versus a 17" 18" and 19" which all fit around the jack and allow the cover to fully close).

If I was looking for a Camaro rim spare for my G8 and found that it fit, I would probably go with the 8" width rim; it won't sit as "tall" in the trunk and I am going to ASS-U-ME it is a bit lighter.
    Yes the 8 is lighter. Thank you. I am going to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, the pricing adverstised in this thread is no longer valid. I placed my order with Pace and noted my grrrr8.net userid in the comments section of my order as instructed and my card was still charged the full amount. I emailed them this morning asking for a correction and received the following response:

Hello Nick,
    I'm sorry but the price on the parts in this kit has gradually gone over the past few years and the current price on this kit is $208.95, We are not able to offer any further club discount on this kit. The original post was from 2010, I'm having Greg update the post now to reflect current pricing. I cannot give you any kind of refund.
    Mark

An attempt to contact me prior to processing the order at full price would have been much appreciated, or working out something with me instead of a 'sorry' email. In tandem to that, correcting the thread for any future purchasers would probably have been a better way to handle the situation, but alas. Just beware potential buyers, there are no discounts for members of this board on this kit and presumably any other items like the rear diffuser etc. You will be paying full price!!! Hopefully we can work something out cordially. I fail to see how I am left responsible for Pace not updating or maintaining its promotional offers/specials.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, prices DO go up over the course of two years. I do understand where YOU are coming from though.

I realize you had a bad experience with Pace, but I've bought quite a bit from them and been VERY happy. I deal solely with Greg though.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't blame them for a price increase.

This thread is old and they are still cheaper than a few other places or buying parts at a dealer direct for the most part, few exceptions.

However, if they did not update the site and charge you full price not listed without contacting you...you should have the right to cancel an order. I was given a small refund when a company made a mistake, it wasn't even $5 but still...I did not even ask for it.

Did you wait until you got billed, see it at checkout and still did the order or?
    Last edited by MIEngineer; 11-27-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, sorry for your bad experience. I forget that not everyone just "goes to Greg" for Pace products. Consider me lazy, but I e-mail Greg (or PM him) when something is needed that Pace MIGHT have! He has always furnished excellent service and good advice. Of course this does not change the "bad taste" in you mouth--but since Pace generally has really good prices, it may help you have a good (and money saving experience) should you choose to use them again.