Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Intake Cover Removal

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PM Sent.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Sha-Zaam! Got it. Once I paged back through all the torque wrench and socket wrench talk (lol)...I found Crazy Paul's pics.
    Many thanks!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_GT View Post
    Guys I am pretty concerned with the injector removal part. I am ready to go and prying with a screwdriver yet I am hearing plastic creak. Kinda scary.
    Does the entire thing pop out of the head?
    Should i pry harder? The screws are all out and I have the wire loom unhooked from the fuel rail.
    Eric, I just went through it a month ago...see posts. I had Charlie on the phone when I reached the same point that you are.
    Make sure your key is off (no fuel).
    I ended up NOT doing the big screwdriver thing because it felt and looked like I was going to break something or damage the plastic.
    Instead, I just gradually wiggled, with an increasingly stronger upward wiggle movement at each injector and the fuel rail. It feels like they are going to POP off - sometimes they do but really it's just the O-ring on the injector stuck inside the housing. It will squash itself out and not really pop. Wiggle and pull up with increasing force and they will work themselves out. But since there are 8 you kind of have to wiggle them all up and out at the same time or try to work front to back, back to middle, etc and once they loosen, they'll all pop up...
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see your post Charlie about your PM to Eric. I must have been typing.
    Sorry...
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Any input is always welcome, that way they have other options as well.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, thanks guys! Man, these covers look sweet! I also added the new oil cap as it appears many other did too. I had to use a sharp steak knife to make the cutouts. What a pain! But I didn't have a small saw to use and was too impatient to go out and buy one. lol
    I slowly torqued all the screws back down. I didn't use a torque wrench; just did it the old fashioned way- tighten with a small ratchet with hand up around the ratcheting end until snug. I barely went tight. I'll check them in a week. Better than snapping one off- ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out. Now, what "covers look sweet?" Did you add something after taking the other one off?
    R.I.P. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah...I removed the intake cover in order to add the 2 piece Holden engine covers from Crazy Paul.
    They look sweeet!

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures or it didn't happen.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Pix. Plus, the weight of those covers just totally negated the performance gains of your new Headers!
    R.I.P. Charlie