PDA

View Full Version : Bullseye

GAG8
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I was on my way to work on Friday morning just before sunrise. A pickup truck was about 100 feet in front of me. I was just minding my own business taking it easy listening to a CD and staying out of trouble when I hear a loud pop. I scan the windshield looking for what damage was done and there is about a nickel size bullseye in my windshield just about steering wheel level right in front of me. $&!^

What a great start to the day. At least it didn't land on the hood or the roof! I already have enough rock chips from driving on the Interstate.

Called the insurance company which forwarded me to Lynx to handle the claim. Luckily I have comprehensive glass coverage so nothing out of pocket. Supposed to get a new windshield installed on Tuesday. I am using the same company that did a great job putting a new windshield in my Corvette a couple of years ago.

Will let you know how they do installing one for a G8.

avintegrator
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
That sucks, but like you said, at least it didn't get the paint. Good luck with the appointment.

GAG8
08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, the new windshield went in today. If I didn't know that they replaced it I would not have been able to tell. They did a great job. I think it took them about an hour and a half.

If anyone in NW Georgia needs a recommendation for a glass installer let me know.

Glass used was Pilkington.

GAG8
08-25-2009, 05:23 PM
On a related note I found this site pretty interesting:
www.safewindshields.com (http://www.safewindshields.com/)

GAG8
08-26-2009, 02:28 PM
P.S. After driving the car to work today: the new windshield does not have any distortion like the factory glass did. It is crystal clear.
:woohoo: