PDA

View Full Version : srt8jeep and 5.7 gto

shane
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
gto is a 04 6speed
lt's intake and some other things..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVO6gApqzUU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVO6gApqzUU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
srt8jeep with intake tune and tb
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqO5-NAxvnE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqO5-NAxvnE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fiveoh
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Love the vids. That gto had some serious traction problems.... did the srt8 not know how to launch properly? I thought they cut 1.7-1.8 60's on street tires easy. It didnt look like he launched that hard.

shane
08-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Love the vids. That gto had some serious traction problems.... did the srt8 not know how to launch properly? I thought they cut 1.7-1.8 60's on street tires easy. It didnt look like he launched that hard.

didnt u hear it? launched it as high as it would go...got some spin then brought the rpm's down

fiveoh
08-23-2009, 06:28 PM
didnt u hear it? launched it as high as it would go...got some spin then brought the rpm's down

I have some computer speakers from 1995 so I cant really hear much on youtube vids except a lot of noise. :)

The Commodore
08-23-2009, 06:30 PM

It looked like he launched it hard to me. And, he nudged in front for a little.

Shane, you have a strong car.

vic2186
08-23-2009, 06:42 PM
yes very strong..you installed headers on that run or still tune intake xpipe??

shane
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
yes very strong..you installed headers on that run or still tune intake xpipe??

mods in sig still on factory manifolds and all..

shane
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM
It looked like he launched it hard to me. And, he nudged in front for a little.

Shane, you have a strong car.

thanks!

Mike P
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice videos! I wanna come & race too! It looks like fun..... :)

shane
08-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice videos! I wanna come & race too! It looks like fun..... :)

indeexd

majesticix
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
this honk thing...gotta work on timing :) Seems a bit unfair, but what do I know. I stopped racing at night. Too many troopers and I already raced one of them (a kill might I add, though he had the last laugh).

In any case, nice kills. I think the SRT would pose a nasty threat on the track. Were you launching from a roll? I would think the SRT would have gotten a larger lead at first...they launch hard!

DewieJr
08-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Good runs! GCSRT's launch hard, but they die quickly in stock form. I came from the fast SUV crowd and have driven several GCSRT's, so the results are what I expected.

shane
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
this honk thing...gotta work on timing :) Seems a bit unfair, but what do I know. I stopped racing at night. Too many troopers and I already raced one of them (a kill might I add, though he had the last laugh).

In any case, nice kills. I think the SRT would pose a nasty threat on the track. Were you launching from a roll? I would think the SRT would have gotten a larger lead at first...they launch hard!

i was dead stopped u watch the video lol?

majesticix
08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
I thought I did :)

My laptop speakers made me think otherwise. Sounded like wind noise but it is your exhaust now that I had a listen with my headphones...it was 1:30AM when I was watching, what can I say.