PDA

View Full Version : Livernois Xtreme Cal Flash

Cobra
08-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Brand:Livernois
Price:600.00
Purchased From: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

Installation: Very Easy!
Installation Time: Less than five minutes to read stock files, 2-3 minutes to re-flash after emailed tune.
Any Installation Tips You Have: Read the directions very carefully. I got an error message on my DIC "ABS FAULT" however Rick assured me just a part of the process and no need to worry. (Zero issues when driving and braking)
Any Installation Tips You Have: follow the directions...duh!
Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 10
Would you Recommend to Others: ABSOLUTELY

Any Other Comments: So I had a custom tune, ECM only, done with HP Tuners about a year ago. I feel it was a pretty good tune. I decided to conduct a little experiment via the DashHawk.

1st 1/4 Mile Run:
I ran my original tune. TC off, IAT 68, Outside Temp 67, ECT 207
60' 2.18, 32.9 MPH, 107.4 MPH@13.28

2nd 1/4 Mile Run:
Xteme Cal Flash. TC off, IAT 73, Outside Temp 70, ECT 207
60' 2.29, 34.2 MPH, 109.9@13.15

Had a little wheel spin coming out of the hole for each run. For the second run I felt it shift into fourth before completing the run.

Livernois' tune was based on 92 grade because that is all we have in Oregon. My initial impression when driving the car was I noticed smoother shifts, yet firm. I was really amazed at how hard it pulls when you get on it. After my second run I was on the verge of shaking LOL. Have never really experienced anything like this. I am sure if I can get my 60' times down I will cross over into the 12's.

Rick and his staff are absolutely great to work with. This product has motivated me to add headers (ARH) and get re-tuned.

Thanks for such a great product Rick!!!

grandmacpubah
08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
did they actually do a 92 tune for you? or was it a 91 because all we can get in the PNW is 92?

Cobra
08-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I emailed Rick and told him our premium was 92. He said that was not a problem!

Livernois Motorsports
08-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Brand:Livernois
Price:600.00
Purchased From: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

Installation: Very Easy!
Installation Time: Less than five minutes to read stock files, 2-3 minutes to re-flash after emailed tune.
Any Installation Tips You Have: Read the directions very carefully. I got an error message on my DIC "ABS FAULT" however Rick assured me just a part of the process and no need to worry. (Zero issues when driving and braking)
Any Installation Tips You Have: follow the directions...duh!
Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 10
Would you Recommend to Others: ABSOLUTELY

Any Other Comments: So I had a custom tune, ECM only, done with HP Tuners about a year ago. I feel it was a pretty good tune. I decided to conduct a little experiment via the DashHawk.

1st 1/4 Mile Run:
I ran my original tune. TC off, IAT 68, Outside Temp 67, ECT 207
60' 2.18, 32.9 MPH, 107.4 MPH@13.28

2nd 1/4 Mile Run:
Xteme Cal Flash. TC off, IAT 73, Outside Temp 70, ECT 207
60' 2.29, 34.2 MPH, 109.9@13.15

Had a little wheel spin coming out of the hole for each run. For the second run I felt it shift into fourth before completing the run.

Livernois' tune was based on 92 grade because that is all we have in Oregon. My initial impression when driving the car was I noticed smoother shifts, yet firm. I was really amazed at how hard it pulls when you get on it. After my second run I was on the verge of shaking LOL. Have never really experienced anything like this. I am sure if I can get my 60' times down I will cross over into the 12's.

Rick and his staff are absolutely great to work with. This product has motivated me to add headers (ARH) and get re-tuned.

Thanks for such a great product Rick!!!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you're happy with the tune. Please let us know if you ever need any changes.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports