PDA

View Full Version : Livernois Xtreme-Cal Flash

GTeve
08-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Brand: Livernois
Price: $600.00 + shipping
Purchased From: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=1946

Installation: Very Easy
Installation Time: Plug and Play / Takes about five minutes to read stock files, 3 minutes to re-flash after emailed tune.
Any Installation Tips You Have: Read the directions very carefully and always keep the stock files ready should something hit the fan...

Quality of Part: 9
Product Performance: 9
Would you Recommend to Others: Recommend without a doubt

Any Other Comments:

I purchased this about a week ago. THe product was at my front door in about five days (standard ground from Michigan to Florida). I opened up the box and immediately read the directions.

Everything seemed pretty simple so I went to the car and read the stock ECM and TCM files. I then sent them in an email to livernois and got a tune back the next day (I sent the files about an hour before they closed so in no way could I expect to have them back the same day).

Next morning, I downloaded the new "tuned" files and followed the directions without a problem. The program is simple and easy to use.

After the tune: (I already had a Volant CAI and Borla Cat-Back)Well, incredible. I had no idea what a simple mail order tune could do. I can feel a little bit of extra horses by sitting in the seat, but the tranny tune is worth its weight in gold. I can really tell a difference in 0-60 times as they decreased by nearly 7 tenths of second.

So I'm already excited but I sent an email to Rick asking what the torque management was set to. He told me 25% and I responded saying I wanted no torque management for track purposes. Now the car is amazing and I can't what to fulfill my mod addiction and get some more under the hood. Plus, I know Livernois can set me up with just about any setup and have a killer tune waiting for me.

Let me get one thing absolutely clear: The customer service at Livernois is unbelievable. I figured they were going to get annoyed by the number of emails I sent back and forth so I got what I finally wanted. Well, I definitely got what I wanted and they still seemed like they could do more if I simply asked. Best service I have ever experienced, especially when I have never met the people face to face.

All in all, I would recommend this to anyone who has ever thought about tuning their car and also to people who don't want to tune their cars. The product is simple, does its job, wakes up the car, and has Livernois standing behind. I can't suggest this product enough.

wagon540
08-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Still waiting on mine. I paid for it a month ago when i picked up the car from them.
I have since put in some 3.90 gears so my car thinks it's going almost 100 every time i go on the highway and is racking up the miles real fast. Hopefully it will show up soon. Supposedly waiting on an updated version
Glad to hear it's easy to use.

GTeve
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Have you tried calling Andy or Rick to see what's going on. I ordered mine over the phone and it shipped immediately. I would definitely call them. Either way, youll like it A LOT after you have it.

Livernois Motorsports
08-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Thank you for the kind words Steve! I'm glad you're happy with the tune. Please let us know if you ever need any changes.

Still waiting on mine. I paid for it a month ago when i picked up the car from them.
I have since put in some 3.90 gears so my car thinks it's going almost 100 every time i go on the highway and is racking up the miles real fast. Hopefully it will show up soon. Supposedly waiting on an updated version
Glad to hear it's easy to use.

Kim,

Andy sent an email to me asking to get one out to you asap. He said he forgot and apologized for the delay. I will get it out with the UPS shipment today.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

wagon540
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks Rick. I wasn't complaining i assumed it was back ordered until i saw GTeve's post. It's just a little irritating to see the miles rack up so fast with the 3.90 gears but thats my own fault for driving it so much, it's just so damn much fun to drive i volunteer for every little errand that needs run, also 2 1/2 hours each way to Super Chevy in Joliet didn't help.
Thanks again. Kim.

Livernois Motorsports
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks Rick. I wasn't complaining i assumed it was back ordered until i saw GTeve's post. It's just a little irritating to see the miles rack up so fast with the 3.90 gears but thats my own fault for driving it so much, it's just so damn much fun to drive i volunteer for every little errand that needs run, also 2 1/2 hours each way to Super Chevy in Joliet didn't help.
Thanks again. Kim.

No problem Kim. I didn't take it that way, just wanted to get it out asap. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It must feel great with the 3.90 gear! :woohoo: Have you been to the track?

-Rick

wagon540
08-24-2009, 02:18 PM
No problem Kim. I didn't take it that way, just wanted to get it out asap. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It must feel great with the 3.90 gear! :woohoo: Have you been to the track?

-Rick

Not yet, traction obviously will be the problem as i have no suspension mods.
I'd like to see what it will do but i mainly drive it and show it, cruise nights etc. I imagine with what i read on here it should be a true 11sec car if everything worked right but i'll probably never get it to hook up enough.
Have to say this is about the most fun per dollar car i've ever owned and thats what i like the most.

Livernois Motorsports
08-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Not yet, traction obviously will be the problem as i have no suspension mods.
I'd like to see what it will do but i mainly drive it and show it, cruise nights etc. I imagine with what i read on here it should be a true 11sec car if everything worked right but i'll probably never get it to hook up enough.
Have to say this is about the most fun per dollar car i've ever owned and thats what i like the most.

It would definitely run 11's if it hooked!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, that's what it's all about!

-Rick

edmanet
08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Customer service is first rate.
How/Where did the 3.90 gears come from ??? Just curious.........

VaderzV8
10-16-2009, 05:09 AM
So if you want to change/modify your tune you need to send your mods to Livernois? Sorry for ? but I am in the market to get a tune done on my car

Livernois Motorsports
10-16-2009, 06:37 AM
So if you want to change/modify your tune you need to send your mods to Livernois? Sorry for ? but I am in the market to get a tune done on my car

We send you the X-Treme Cal interface, which is yours to keep. When you receive it, you will read out the factory files and email them to us. We then modify the files to the specific modifications you have then email them back to you to upload into the vehicle. If you modify the car further, you can email us and let us know what you changed, then we modify the files and send them back to you.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

VaderzV8
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Rick,
If I purchase the tune through you guys how long will you honor mod updates. Meaning if I keep adding mods over the years am I covered w/you guys?

Livernois Motorsports
10-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Rick,
If I purchase the tune through you guys how long will you honor mod updates. Meaning if I keep adding mods over the years am I covered w/you guys?

As far as updates, there is no time limit. We've done enough cars now where we have tunes for just about anything. It does make it easier though if you do a cam package if you use one of our cams, since we've spent a ton of time getting the tuning and drivability as good as possible.

Thank you,

Rick

FB3
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
I have the Livernois tune on my GXP and can say that the performance and customer service are absolutely fantastic.

I had a few stumbles with the software, but Rick walked me through it. I also wanted the transmission tune softened up for my normal driving, and they tweaked it several times for me. Now it is perfect for me. Perhaps not for everyone, but it is great for me.

These guys are extremely competent and patient. I already have the tune for my Kooks long tube headers ready to load if I ever get brave enough to install them. Can't recommend Livernois enough.

OLD_GOAT
02-08-2010, 07:25 PM
If I have to take the car in for warranty work, is the tune a 'stealth' tune?

TooManyHobbies
02-09-2010, 03:34 AM
I asked for and got 3 versions of the tranny tune for my daily driver. One normal, one track, and one winter. So far I have just gotten to use the winter one because of the crappy weather, but it is a big improvement over stock.

Rick Maddux
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I can't wait to get mine. Waiting on taxes.

Livernois Motorsports
02-09-2010, 06:59 AM
If I have to take the car in for warranty work, is the tune a 'stealth' tune?

We do indeed have an undetectable 'stealth' option.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

pha|anx
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
We do indeed have an undetectable 'stealth' option.

You guys are win. lol my only regret is not having more immediate cash for more toys to buy from you. I might get this thing also. just wish I had purchased HP tuners earlier-- or had more time to study it to tune myself. no 'stealth' stuff with it though, thats a you-guys thing lol.

1 tiny question though. for us n/a GT guys, do you guys in the tune lean out cruise and/or tweak AFM for maximum fuel economy? food for thought, full-bolt on's and the such I'd figured its efficiency might increase a cunt hair.

:cheers: