PDA

View Full Version : A little worried

BudaG8
08-22-2009, 05:17 AM
After being the only person to drive my G8 for the entire first year, my wife just took it out for the first time because her car is in the shop. I have all kinds of terrible visions of what could happen out there. Anybody else ever have these visions? Tell me it is going to be alright. :confused2:

96Prix
08-22-2009, 05:47 AM
I have the same feeling on the rare occasion that my wife takes my car. I happened to catch a ride with a friend at the same time she was leaving. It just happened that we were going the same way she was and saw her park at a store. Almost brought a tear to my eye when I saw her park clear across the parking lot away from all the other cars. As much as she bitches about having to walk, she obviously sees the point.

Everything will be fine. If she's anything like my wife, her worst nightmare is having to tell me something happened to my car while she had it.

Snakey
08-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I have the same feeling on the rare occasion that my wife takes my car. I happened to catch a ride with a friend at the same time she was leaving. It just happened that we were going the same way she was and saw her park at a store. Almost brought a tear to my eye when I saw her park clear across the parking lot away from all the other cars. As much as she bitches about having to walk, she obviously sees the point.

Everything will be fine. If she's anything like my wife, her worst nightmare is having to tell me something happened to my car while she had it.

X2 on the exact same story!

You'll be fine and your other girl (the G8) will be in good hands if your wife knows how important the car is to you and she truly cares. I'm never concerned to let mine take the car out because I know she's in good hands (both the car and the wife!):)

grandmacpubah
08-22-2009, 11:00 AM
After being the only person to drive my G8 for the entire first year, my wife just took it out for the first time because her car is in the shop. I have all kinds of terrible visions of what could happen out there. Anybody else ever have these visions? Tell me it is going to be alright. :confused2:

dude wtf were you thinking...I can't tell you it's going to be ok because it won't lol. I would rent a car for my wife before she touches my car.

BudaG8
08-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for all of the kind words and good thoughts. My personal nightmare is over. Thank goodness she made it back home safely without incident. Oh, and my wife is fine too. :p

GRRRR8
08-22-2009, 12:19 PM
My wife refuses to drive mine now. I try to get her to bring it to the shop, less then 2 miles, "NOPE, That thing is a race car!" And.......

Panzer Leader
08-22-2009, 01:26 PM
The only thing worse then my wife driving my car would be Penquin Poo on it. You live a very reckless life.

johnbell2
08-22-2009, 03:45 PM
My wife won't drive my car. Not that it's scary fast or anything, she just doesn't like to drive in general and treats vehicles as utilities. She has hers, I have mine.

kyllekkc
08-22-2009, 03:55 PM
my GF wont drive my car or be driven in my car it gives her a headach because its to jumpy and loud

Night Train
08-22-2009, 08:39 PM
My wife won't drive my car. Not that it's scary fast or anything, she just doesn't like to drive in general and treats vehicles as utilities. She has hers, I have mine.

Its funny that you say. We have the same situation. But, I am dreading a forthcoming situation. I like to take my bike to the track a few times each year. In the past, I've had a SUV and would rent a trailer. Just tow it there. I can't see putting a tow hitch on my G8.

I have a second car that is a SUV that has a hitch. By the way, it is paid for. My wife also have a SUV, not paid for. She came to the conclusion that we should sell her car and she can drive my second car. (yes, she looks at them as utilities).

Well, of course, I am worried because when we sell her car, she would have to use mine when I go the track since I would need the SUV with the hitch. FUCK. :poof:

NWOG8
08-23-2009, 06:29 AM
I let my 15.5 year old daughter with temps drive it once. She did a great job. My wife drives my last car and it went from no dents a no dings to many in twelve months due to parking lots. I let her use my 08 Dakota the other day and she backed into our basket ball pole next to the driveway and caved in the rear bumber (luckily no sheet metal damage). I dont think she will be getiing behind the wheel of my G8 anytime soon:)

avintegrator
08-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I let my wife drive mine while i was out of town and hers was in the shop. I got this text from her about 10pm one night "you car get's to 90 really fast :)"
Talk about not being able to sleep!

Panzer Leader
08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Don't worry be happy!

IcePickFreak
08-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I let my 15.5 year old daughter with temps drive it once. She did a great job. My wife drives my last car and it went from no dents a no dings to many in twelve months due to parking lots. I let her use my 08 Dakota the other day and she backed into our basket ball pole next to the driveway and caved in the rear bumber (luckily no sheet metal damage). I dont think she will be getiing behind the wheel of my G8 anytime soon:)

Give the man the father of the year award! :cheers:

HoldenMan21
08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
nobody but me drives me car !

Struggle
08-24-2009, 06:01 AM
I was nervous about my wife driving OUR care but now she calls it my car. After I pulled the front bumper fascia off in a parking lot mishap with a concrete tire stop I worry more about myself driving the car than her.

Stryker Blue GT
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
The wife refuses to even back out of the driveway, let alone driving it anywhere. She says she cant emagine explaining any incidient.

jzpiano
12-14-2009, 07:38 PM
My wife has driven the car twice in 8 months. One was a 2 mile trip and the other was about 7. Needless to say she doesn't like to drive it, which is fine by me.:woohoo:

R.Penguin
12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
The only thing worse then my wife driving my car would be Penquin Poo on it. You live a very reckless life.
You're in luck! I just phoned some freinds in the Orleans area. They are beyond excited and have started holding back so they can do the "explosive" number on yo' car! :p

Panzer Leader
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
You're in luck! I just phoned some freinds in the Orleans area. They are beyond excited and have started holding back so they can do the "explosive" number on yo' car! :p

Thank God I went to the gun show lat week and loaded up on Double 00 Buck. With the sunroof open and my trusty semi-auto 12 gauge Browning the Penquin population here in New Orleans will be declining. :nah::apache:

JoshHefnerX
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
My wife drove my car once. I had taken her truck to pull a trailer and she knew how much I liked the G8 and said she wouldn't hurt it. It came back w/o a scratch. The only thing I noticed was that the gas mileage went WAAAYYY down when I filled up the next time... :hmm:

Josh

JVH1982
12-29-2009, 09:42 AM
My wife drove mine once on the 17 mile trip home from my work. Thats the last time I tell my co-workers I got dizzy for a second. $400 and a CT scan to tell me I have sinusitis. I knew that already... Anyhow, Lindz did just fine driving it.