PDA

View Full Version : front badge removal tip

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
soooo we took the front badge off his car just now...i have seen poeple questioning this badge so here is the low down...it has three pegs. and the sticky stuff...in order to get it out it will require some prying...but dont worry to much!! that part of the front end is plastic...so scratch to the paint wont come as easy...i took a screw driver..put the flat head end inside a wool glove finger tip...and did it like that. worked out just fine..it will leave three tiny holes...but only can be seen up close..and it really doesnt throw the look off. im sure weldon will patch them...but they are like nail sized holes...here is a pic after it was done..what do yall think? and i hope this helped those of you who have wondered.

MissNaySimon
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Have you debadged the entire car? I want to see what it looks like with nothing on it. The only things we've taken off are the "pontiac" and the GM chiclets.

SRG963
09-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Easy with that driver killa.

May I strongly suggest that anyone using the "screw driver method" to remove any badges, place a microfiber towel between the car and the driver to protect the paint :)

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
i put the screw driver inside a glove haha...so it didnt scratch at all. and yes i have completly debadged the car except for gt. it looks clean and smooth. ill have pics up tommorow

GT G8
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I removed the front badge successfully, but I cannot for the life of me remove the adhesive that held the badge on! I tried GooGone and it's not coming off. Tips anyone? :notworking:

HELP! :charlie2:

polo
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I removed the front badge successfully, but I cannot for the life of me remove the adhesive that held the badge on! I tried GooGone and it's not coming off. Tips anyone? :notworking:

HELP! :charlie2:

Try heating it up with a heat gun or hairdryer. You may be able to peel off most of it that way, and then use the Goo Gone for the rest. WD-40 works too.

WickedMom
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Adhesive for the front badge?

polo
02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Oh, and I've always had better success with Goof-off. Goo Gone never seems to take off the tough stuff.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2007/06/14/amd_goofoff.jpg

GT G8
02-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Ahh! The heat did it, thanks polo.

mikemaj82
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
tell me about it. i experimented with the holes as well:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/mikemaj82/Pontiac%20G8%20GT/holdenfront1.jpg

Panzer Leader
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
The badge looks nice. That will go on the left kidney and on the right a round Australian badge. Was thinking of putting silcone/rubber sealeant from the backside of bumper. Fill the holes, let cure, take a razor blade, make a clean, smooth cut, then take some touch up primer, topcoat and clear coat.

GT G8
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do about covering up the holes left from removing the front badge? What can be put in there.

Panzer Leader
02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
If you don't want to try a silcone fix, than perhaps some push tabs.

polo
02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Ahh! The heat did it, thanks polo.

No problem. Glad it worked out.

If you don't want to try a silcone fix, than perhaps some push tabs.

Those two ideas would be your best bet if you don't want to get the holes filled and have your bumper repainted. Lowes/ Home Depot sell some little plugs that might fit the holes. They're in the speciality bins (shelving that pulls out), on the hardware isle with all the screws and nails.