PDA

View Full Version : yay i did it

airbornesgirl
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
haha weldons car is pretty much finished for his welcome home...cept for the tune..his windows are tinted...the car is debadged. oh oh oh oh oh@!@!@@!@!!@!@!@!@!@!@ everyone who debadges there car...you know how it has pontiac on the back right? save it! you know on the dash on the passenger side...where on the 888 models it has the numbers? glue the pontiac there...it looks so good!

airbornesgirl
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
did i mention i didnt break any more hair driers or mess up the car while doing all this??? yall should all be proud of yalls g8 girl!

SRG963
09-24-2008, 04:13 AM
did i mention i didnt break any more hair driers or mess up the car while doing all this??? yall should all be proud of yalls g8 girl!

We are proud, as Weldon will be.

While you are waiting on the tune, you could find a Dashhawk owner that's close by, so they can do a crank relearn on the car after the new ECM is in.

There is a list of DH owners here:http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3376

Blackdevil77
09-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Very nice work! :worthy: G8 Girl! :worthy: As for putting the pontiac in the car were the 888 is/was/is supposed to be :hmm: actually sounds like a cool idea! Take a pic i gotta see that!

Steve
09-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Personally not a big fan of a lot of 'chrome' (inside or out) so thanks to charlie I went with this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YId-C-hbkOU/SLgpTIeOhII/AAAAAAAAAC0/rcPtPW7P83s/s1600-h/08-26-08_1845.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YId-C-hbkOU/SLgpTIeOhII/AAAAAAAAAC0/rcPtPW7P83s/s1600-h/08-26-08_1845.jpg

MissNaySimon
09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Brenden will be coming home to a perfectly detailed G8. The day before he comes home I'm toothbrush scrubbing every visible surface inside, shampooing, vacuuming, polishing, washing, waxing and perfecting his car before he comes home. I wanted to have the truck in the driveway before he came home, but apparently that won't happen.

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 08:37 AM
i will deffently take pictures. i just was playing with the letters spelling them out on the table the other night doing homework and was like. hey! lets put this inside! haha! i think his C.O. is going to have a gift card for advance auto waiting for him also.

SRG963
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
someone mentioned i need to find somebody that can do this after the tune...first off, what does it do? second does it have to be done? third, what are the benefits for having it done? fourth anyone near south carolina that can do it? thanks to anyone who answers.

Someone? LOL
1. Exactly as it says
2. Yes it has to be done, but a Tech II Tool and Dash Hawk can also do it.
3. Benefits?
4. See my post above for a list of users.

If y'all ordered the DH, don't worry about it.

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
woahhhhhhhhhhhh nelly...so the car wont work without it done? why didnt vector motorsports tell me that. they are sending me the stuff to tune it...can i do the relearn with that stuff?????

SRG963
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
woahhhhhhhhhhhh nelly...so the car wont work without it done? why didnt vector motorsports tell me that. they are sending me the stuff to tune it...can i do the relearn with that stuff?????

Calm down, the car will work fine.

Vector can tell you more about the relearn, but it's not that big of deal to drive until.
Some have taken it back to the dealership for the crank relearn, just don't say anything about a tune :)

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 08:57 AM
phew...you scared me! haha...ok so what does the crank learn? after the relearn haha. and weldon just tell the dealer he wants a crank relearn????

Steve
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
well you don't need to do the crank relearn if you went the flashXpress route. Only if you bought a seperate ECM (haven't been following all your posts so not sure which option you went with).

wreckwriter
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Are you getting a new ECM or just flashing the existing one? You ONLY need a relearn if its a new ECM.

SRG963
09-24-2008, 09:01 AM
phew...you scared me! haha...ok so what does the crank learn? after the relearn haha. and weldon just tell the dealer he wants a crank relearn????

I personally haven't gotten tuned, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Vector really should be answering this, I could not be 100% correct.

With a new ECM, I believe a check engine light will come on and will cause your car to throw a code. The relearn is for the new ECM.

If you tune the OEM ECM, I don't think you need the relearn.

It really depends on what you, or how you tune I believe.

Most go with a new ECM for dealer visits.

airbornesgirl
09-24-2008, 09:01 AM
oh!!!!im flashing the one he has. so im good...phewww! big doozy there haha...look what weldons dad picked out for his car...he said maybe down the road he will help weldon pay for it juss cuzz he likes it. its the new front end thingy...he just sent me an email asking if i liked it..what yall think?

http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge.php?image=img/products/exteriors/ve/body_kit/hsv_gts_front_side_profile-h.jpg?imagealt=

SRG963
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
its the new front end thingy...he just sent me an email asking if i liked it..what yall think?

That thingy looks pretty good LOL

You would need a hood, bumper, and the bumper cover (with fog lights).

Steve
09-24-2008, 09:09 AM
btw if you wanna read up on the tuning works with flashxpress I wrote up a little something when i got mine done:
http://g8gt.blogspot.com/2008/08/vector-motorsports-tune.html

G8GTlawride
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Google the Dashawk and look at the instructions. Turn to the page that explains the crank relearn. It is no big deal.

G8GTlawride
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I personally haven't gotten tuned, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

Vector really should be answering this, I could not be 100% correct.

With a new ECM, I believe a check engine light will come on and will cause your car to throw a code. The relearn is for the new ECM.

If you tune the OEM ECM, I don't think you need the relearn.

It really depends on what you, or how you tune I believe.

Most go with a new ECM for dealer visits.

Vector does answer this when you buy the new ECM. The crank relearn is not a big deal. I had mine done by a friend in the business with a Tech II (didn't have the DH yet). Some will need a "Security Relearn" as well if the ECM has been in a vehicle prior to yours (the car won't start if it needs a security relearn, just follow the directions with the ECM and all will be fine). I would personally suggest you buy the new ECM. Store the factory one for dealer visits. On long trips, take it with you in case you need dealer service on the road.