PDA

View Full Version : Harris Kit

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Well my Harris kit is on its way. I will have to wait an extra week for the G8 specific switch panel but not biggie. I cant way to have that little extra something. :cd:

Scalarrthu
08-17-2009, 07:50 AM
You should have told me you were going to be doing nitrous...I have the kit I pulled off my SS sitting in my garage. I would have made you a hell of a deal on it! And I hope you ordered big jets so you can knock Nate off the top of the mountain. I'm gunnin for him now! :devil:

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh I guess I never even though to look around. Sorry. I dont think I will be gunning for nasty Nate till I get the cam in. And make sure the tranny and rear diff will hold. Plus I want to make sure the fuel system will be ok with a big shot.

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I am doing the Harris kit and the All out kit as well. Already have heads/cam. :)

VegasNate
08-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Bring it fellas! This fall will bring an 8 rib pulley conversion and maybe some meth. :flame:

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Bring it fellas! This fall will bring an 8 rib pulley conversion and maybe some meth. :flame:

Nate you allready have a methane problem from the work out suplements so you wont have to wait for fall.

:poof:

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I am doing the Harris kit and the All out kit as well. Already have heads/cam. :)

Yep I know Charlie I am following your build closely. I dont have the funds that you do so it may take longer but I like the route your going

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I should be going full tilt on it once I am done with my dads services. I am doing my install a bit different since I am so picky so I am gathering up misc pieces right now.

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
yea I would like to do something a bit different, and I like you am a bit picky about how clean the install is. I am trying to think of a good spot for the solenoids. I will have to ponder that for a while.

VegasNate
08-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I promise you the Trans will hold all the way up to the point that it breaks!!!

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 10:21 AM
yea I would like to do something a bit different, and I like you am a bit picky about how clean the install is. I am trying to think of a good spot for the solenoids. I will have to ponder that for a while.

Hook it up with what you have and leave the wires long. When I get done I will send you a PM with detailed pics and you can switch it if you like.

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
sounds good Charlie, Thanks I will send you some pics when i get it installed with the G8 specific switch plate they are sending out

Mlozano
08-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Well my Harris kit is on its way. I will have to wait an extra week for the G8 specific switch panel but not biggie. I cant way to have that little extra something. :cd:

HeHe... who says you need a G8 specific plate!

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Mlozano9/HiddenSwtichPlate.jpg

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Mlozano9/SwitchPlatewithradioremoved.jpg

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I see.... you are very stealthy. :secret:

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I dont want to hide anything. I just want you to know them to know they got beat WITHOUT the bottle. The bottle for me is just to run 10s.

Tempest2000
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Charlie if you just wanted to run 10's I would've printed you out a time slip for half of the cost of a nitrous kit :) Got a thermal printer just like they use LOL

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Charlie if you just wanted to run 10's I would've printed you out a time slip for half of the cost of a nitrous kit :) Got a thermal printer just like they use LOL

Now you tell me! I dont think anything will fly but a video when it comes to my car.

edmanet
08-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I dont want to hide anything. I just want you to know them to know they got beat WITHOUT the bottle. The bottle for me is just to run 10s.

Tell the truth now....Its just to beat me........LMAO
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't forget to pm me after you check out the lenses.

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Tell the truth now....Its just to beat me........LMAO
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't forget to pm me after you check out the lenses.

Your going down ALL MOTOR! :nah:

I will. She found some of his movie camera stuff and some trick digital camera and tri-pod, but I have to see what brand it is.

edmanet
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Your going down ALL MOTOR! :nah:

I will. She found some of his movie camera stuff and some trick digital camera and tri-pod, but I have to see what brand it is.

Hell why do you think I drove 540 miles one way to get a new diff and a new converter ???

GRRRR8
08-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Hell why do you think I drove 540 miles one way to get a new diff and a new converter ???

So you could read my licence plate after the 1/8 mile. :)

Tempest2000
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
WOW big words so what's your best time again Charlie? LOL

Charlie has a rep to uphold so he can't go out making chump times first time out LOL

edmanet
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
WOW big words so what's your best time again Charlie? LOL

Charlie has a rep to uphold so he can't go out making chump times first time out LOL

Don't pick on Charlie........There I took up for you.....LMAO
Only cars with a faster time can !!! :rofl: :D :rofl:

Devilish34
08-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Only cars with a faster time can !!! :rofl: :D :rofl:
Sir Charles has no slip so as far as I am concerned his can runs 17.99 @ 65mph

edmanet
08-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Hey I almost ran that time on street tires.

Devilish34
08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey I almost ran that time on street tires.
Ha I bet my wifes Hybrid is faster than Chucks red wagon

SinCity G8
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM
So that means that Blue Freak or what ever his name was is proven faster than Charlie. :spank:

GRRRR8
08-18-2009, 04:19 AM

Why thank you Roy!

Ha I bet my wifes Hybrid is faster than Chucks red wagon

Could be......maybe.......we will see.

So that means that Blue Freak or what ever his name was is proven faster than Charlie. :spank:

OH HELL NO!!

VegasNate
08-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Here is some info that might help: http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/nitrous-cam-101-dyno-testing-four-1603.html

TexasG8
08-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I like this kit with the hard lines. Looks alot cleaner.....

Under the hood Prototype installation.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2476

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2470

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2478

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2482

All fuel fittings will be anodized and No brass.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2480

Still fits under Factory engine cover for stealth mode.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2504

13 QTR
08-19-2009, 04:59 PM

I can't seem to find the G8 specific switch panel on their website....got a link or picture??

Also with their kit...do you tap into the tps wires or what?

Mlozano
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
I like this kit with the hard lines. Looks alot cleaner.....

Looks expensive

I can't seem to find the G8 specific switch panel on their website....got a link or picture??

I don't think they have one out yet, or listed, sending them and email.

You only need to tap TPS/RPM if your using the microedge controler, or any windows switch.

GRRRR8
08-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Custom lines can be made in any length for a very neat installation.

SinCity G8
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM

The G8 switch will be on thier site sometime next week. I think Charlie and myself will be the first ones out.

TexasG8
08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks expensive

1. Newly designed high flowing solenoids built to work with today’s fuels.
2. The highest flowing, best atomizing and best fitting Nitrous Plate available!
3. Custom designed solenoid mounts.
4. Prefabricated Stainless Hard lines.
5. Precise fitment fittings.
6. CNC machined fuel feed with Prefabricated Hard line.
7. TPS extension Harness.
8. Neatly hides away under factory engine cover.
9. Bolts on using all factory equipment. (Including cold air box)
10. Wide range of accessories to work in conjunction with our nitrous system.
11. Capable of supporting Horse power levels up to 400 HP!

Special introductory price is 599.00 Untill 8-31-09

Custom lines can be made in any length for a very neat installation.

Yes but for more money. This kit will come with hard lines.

Mlozano
08-20-2009, 03:40 PM
2. The highest flowing, best atomizing and best fitting Nitrous Plate available!

Well. F' me running. where is that kit from, wish i would have known this before i got my kit, 599 isn't bad specially if it comes with a nitrous plate.

EDIT: is that even for our car? the TB is all wrong and that engine cover is much bigger than ours.

Mlozano
08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Looks like it's for the LS3 Camaro

TexasG8
08-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes that kit is for the 2010 Camaro and that special price is for that kit. They are test fitting it on the G8 and will let me know sometime next week. It should fit fine just with a different plate.

2010 custom accessories. I hope they will make the same things for the G8.
1. Cup holder Nitrous switch panel.
2. Console Nitrous switch panel.
3. Custom bottle mount that will let you install your bottle with out drilling any holes in the car!
4. Dedicated fuel system’s
5. Billet heater to work in conjunction with our billet bottle mount.

There 90mm plate system is $649.99
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/product_details.asp?group=14&model=37&dept=11&product_id=1130

Look closely and you will see our billet heated bottle cradle specifically made for the 2010 Camaro. Works with 10lb and 15lb Bottles
(Final Product is anodized Black)

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2446

dukeofpg
08-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Yer gunna brake that thing!!

13 QTR
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
One more question on the harris kit......what kind of switch do they use for the WOT switch? I hope it ain't one of those that you put behind the gas pedal....never liked them...

Mlozano
08-21-2009, 04:49 PM
One more question on the harris kit......what kind of switch do they use for the WOT switch? I hope it ain't one of those that you put behind the gas pedal....never liked them...

It comes with the one you put behind the pedal, unless you get their or any windows switch.

SinCity G8
08-21-2009, 11:11 PM

Well yes the base kit has that, but I would never install any kind of kit without a controler of some sort. The micor edge they sell works with the TPS and its also a window (rpm) switch. So I wont be using the pedal switch.

wyldman
08-22-2009, 01:59 PM
OK. You guys have really got me intrigued over this so I have to ask some questions: How safe is this with say a moderate shot? Say 75-100? Does it rob engine life?

Next question is how hard is this to install? Are the directions easy enough and complete enough a shade tree mechanic can handle it?

How critical would a tune be and does anyone offer a mail-order tune for this?

The gains are very tempting:hmm:

Mlozano
08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
OK. You guys have really got me intrigued over this so I have to ask some questions: How safe is this with say a moderate shot? Say 75-100? Does it rob engine life?

Do it right and it's safe, depending on how much you use it engine life is relative, you'll definetly go through spark plugs,

Next question is how hard is this to install? Are the directions easy enough and complete enough a shade tree mechanic can handle it?

Simple enough, do the reasearch first, sometimes your better off running extra wires for future upgrades instead of ripping it all back out. Even better if you have someone who's done it before help you out. Hardest part of all, at least for me is just running wires.

For a small shot like that it's debatable, all you really do for nitrous is retard timing. If you do decide to tune don't do mail order, get someone to take out on the street or dyno it, get some A/F rations done and keep an eye out for KP.

and don't forget to get all the safety extras or your car will end up looking like this.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Mlozano9/NOSgonebad.jpg

SinCity G8
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM

I have not received my kit yet but I did install a kit on my old 2000 Camaro SS. It is not that hard at all. If I were you I would check out the nitrous section on LS1tech.com very informative and lots of knowledge over there. Just my .02

GRRRR8
08-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Its not like you spray it all the time. If you use a kit like Harris Speed Works and add the All Out kit that has all the extras and safety features, it is less wear then a blower that is always putting a stress on a motor. 75-100 shot can be done with minimal tuning. The rule of thumb is -2 degrees of timing per 50hp sprayed.

Mlozano
08-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone here actually have the MicroEdge? If you do i could use your help, I'm having issues programming the TPS Trigger, it settles at 3.65V with the engine off at idle and .65V at WOT, when you run the actual engine it idles at about 4.5V and i believe drops to the same level at WOT. The problem is that i have to add about .5V to the trigger value in order the get it to spray at the desired voltage. If i set the trigger to .70 like you should for a .65 WOT it won't spray. I did this using the test method, setting MIN RPM to 0 and turning off the Lean Spike.

Here it is a little simpler:

Idle Voltage: 3.65
WOT Voltage: .65

Trigger Voltage: .70
What happens: Nothing!

Trigger Voltage: 1.20
What happens: Spray at .70

13 QTR
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Another question.....how hard was it to hook up the MicroEdge? How many wires are involved and how long did it take?........thanks.. I'm tempted to try this..

GRRRR8
08-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I will be doing mine when I get back from NY so I will let you know.

edmanet
08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I will be doing mine when I get back from NY so I will let you know.

Baltimore isn't far from NY....got your car with ya ??? :secret:

GRRRR8
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I wish. I am flying with my family for my dads services. I wish I had more time so we could do a mini get together.

edmanet
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I wish. I am flying with my family for my dads services. I wish I had more time so we could do a mini get together.

You have my condolences and I wish a safe trip for you and your family. I'll harass you when you get back.

GRRRR8
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
You have my condolences and I wish a safe trip for you and your family. I'll harass you when you get back.

I leave on the 3rd so you have plenty of time for :boxing: before I go. :)

Mlozano
08-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Another question.....how hard was it to hook up the MicroEdge? How many wires are involved and how long did it take?........thanks.. I'm tempted to try this..

It has a billion freaking wires, actually there's 8, one for the TPS, RPM, O2 sensor, ground, 12v switched, arming switch, stage 1, control stage 2 control.

HSW has some great instructions on the technical section of their website, take a look.

As a matter of fact i just realized i never hooked up the O2 sensor, anyone know what the heck i would tap into?

If you get all the goodies and accesories 95% of the nitrous installation is just wiring stuff.

BTW if anyone has a 90mm nitrous plate with both ports facing the driver side of the engine and would like to sell it to me let me know. I know the one that NOS and Cold Fusion make would be perfect

Nick@HSW
08-24-2009, 07:43 AM

I'm certainly not picking on you but it looks like perhaps you were fed a nice sales pitch. To address a few of the bullited points if I may? Again please no disrespect.

1) HSW solenoids have been this way for years. Looks like that kit is finally catching up with the times? I would also make sure to ask the coil classification as HSW solenoids carry a higher classification than most solenoids and are rated to 360* F. Most solenoids only carry a rating of 175* F.
2) Really? I have independent flow results that suggest otherwise... :secret: The point I would like to make is that anything above 200HP through the neck of an efi intake is dangerous. And for anyone to tell you otherwise is nothing more than a sales pitch. I would rather lose a sale telling you the truth than shoveling bs down your throat, but that's just the way we operate.
3) We have a multitude of brackets available.
4) Running compression fittings on the fuel side looks slightly dangerous for daily driven cars in my opinion...I know the last thing I want is a fuel leak to go un-detected. I would also pay close attention to 90* bends...as these have a tendency to hinder flow. Looking at pictures there appears to be many bends on the fuel side...something that you really want to avoid in my opinion...especially if trying to reach 400HP out of it. Also I would take a look and see what the ID of the tubing is. Might not be properly sized to reach the advertised hp, meaning that just because one component can flow x HP, that does not necessarily mean as a kit it can. We take great lengths to sell KITS rated at x HP, not just components.
5) Not really sure the question here...most kits come with precision fittings. We take it a few steps further than most companies as well with our precision stainless steel jets. All of our components are held to the strictest of standards and would not be sent out otherwise.
6) Please see #4.
7) Only needed for vehicles in which the throttle body is flipped such as the 2010 camaro, which our kits do have.
8) Any kit can fit under a cover.
9) Most kits can re-use factory components.
10) Most companies offer a multitude of products to be compatible.
11) We don't believe in selling our products based on max flow. We take a more honest approach and base our kits off of what we feel is safe.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, just answering a few questions that some might not know.

Nick

Nick@HSW
08-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Anyone here actually have the MicroEdge? If you do i could use your help, I'm having issues programming the TPS Trigger, it settles at 3.65V with the engine off at idle and .65V at WOT, when you run the actual engine it idles at about 4.5V and i believe drops to the same level at WOT. The problem is that i have to add about .5V to the trigger value in order the get it to spray at the desired voltage. If i set the trigger to .70 like you should for a .65 WOT it won't spray. I did this using the test method, setting MIN RPM to 0 and turning off the Lean Spike.

Here it is a little simpler:

Idle Voltage: 3.65
WOT Voltage: .65

Trigger Voltage: .70
What happens: Nothing!

Trigger Voltage: 1.20
What happens: Spray at .70

Switch the wire to the rising voltage on the TPS. I find it much more consistent for activation.

Nick

Nick@HSW
08-24-2009, 07:49 AM

Its not that bad...I know this is the fear of many, wiring. The best advice I can give is lay everything out along the car before you start to run it through firewalls etc. This way if you miss a wire you're not cutting into your freshly wire loomed harness a bunch of times.

Mlozano, thanks for posting the link :). Just head over there and browse through the manuals and feel free to ask me whatever questions you guys have.

Thanks.

Nick

TexasG8
08-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Don't get me wrong when I do order my kit it will be from HSW. I was just posting the pics of the hard lines and the way I want my kit to look. I have only heard good things about HSW.
Has there been any problems with the micro and the A6 trans? (Lock out gears and window switch settings.)

Mlozano
08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Switch the wire to the rising voltage on the TPS. I find it much more consistent for activation.

Nick

Thanks you so much for the answer. Any idea which color the rising voltage wire on the TB harness is?

Mlozano, thanks for posting the link :). Just head over there and browse through the manuals and feel free to ask me whatever questions you guys have.

Thanks.

Nick

I'm going take take you up on your offer, i asked this in another thread (http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=9655
but didn't get a good answer, i have a wet kit and will run between 100-150 shot and was wondering if the interface works to retard timing on this kind of setup? most of the info on it talks about dry systems.

Nick@HSW
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't get me wrong when I do order my kit it will be from HSW. I was just posting the pics of the hard lines and the way I want my kit to look. I have only heard good things about HSW.
Has there been any problems with the micro and the A6 trans? (Lock out gears and window switch settings.)

Thanks for the support! A6 is perfectly fine with microedge :headbang:

Nick

Nick@HSW
08-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks you so much for the answer. Any idea which color the rising voltage wire on the TB harness is?

Should be the purple wire.

I'm going take take you up on your offer, i asked this in another thread (http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=9655
but didn't get a good answer, i have a wet kit and will run between 100-150 shot and was wondering if the interface works to retard timing on this kind of setup? most of the info on it talks about dry systems.

Absolutely you can use it to just pull timing. You just wouldn't utilize any of the fueling functions of the controller. Out of the box it can pull up to 9 degrees of timing. Jump over to the instructions to see a diagram of how the wiring would be integrated with your current set up.

Thanks!

Nick

Mlozano
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Amazing!

Brings up another point, i ran an extra two 14G wires to engine compartment for future upgrades, i figured one day i'll do a purge kit and an extra one just in case.

Well... Interface seems to be my just in case.

TexasG8
08-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I wish someone made a happy knob for these cars. They are around $99 and all it does is pull timing by way of the IAT sensor. Much easier than re-tuning your car everytime you want to spray.

Nick@HSW
08-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Amazing!

Brings up another point, i ran an extra two 14G wires to engine compartment for future upgrades, i figured one day i'll do a purge kit and an extra one just in case.

Well... Interface seems to be my just in case.

Very smart!

Nick

Mlozano
08-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I wish someone made a happy knob for these cars. They are around $99 and all it does is pull timing by way of the IAT sensor. Much easier than re-tuning your car everytime you want to spray.

That's what we where talking about, HSW makes something called The Interface Controller, it retards timing via the MAF among other things. Here's the link

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=213&cat=0&page=1&featured

TexasG8
08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes but for almost $200. I would use it just for the timing. If I was to spend another $200 or so I would buy the cables from VMS so I could fine tune my car and also have a bin file just for spraying. I was looking for a cheaper option since I would only be spraying the car at the track which I don't go to the track that often. I know ZZP sells race pellets for the 3800 cars which adds timing. I wish someone would make one to lower the timing so I could use it just for the track.

Mlozano
08-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes but for almost $200. I would use it just for the timing. If I was to spend another $200 or so I would buy the cables from VMS so I could fine tune my car and also have a bin file just for spraying. I was looking for a cheaper option since I would only be spraying the car at the track which I don't go to the track that often. I know ZZP sells race pellets for the 3800 cars( Link Removed) which adds timing. I wish someone would make one to lower the timing so I could use it just for the track.

Yeah, if your only going to use it on the track your prob better off with a seperate tune and it's cheaper. My system is setup to be used on demand from a roll or a stop. Just have to flip a few switches and everythings ready. I like the idea of it only retarding timing when the nitrous is on, so i don't lose power on take off which isn't setup for nitrous do to traction issues. I do think 200 is a bit steep since i'll just be using it to retard timing. It's going to be a while before i can actually purchase since i have so many other essential things to take care of. Just remember it's meant to do alot more than just retard timing, it has a lot of fuel features which would balance the cost IOM, if you actually use them.

EDIT:

BTW i dont' think you're allowed to link stuff to non vender sites

13 QTR
08-25-2009, 01:27 PM
So....anybody got a pic of the G8 specific switch plate yet? I'd like to see what they came up with..

TexasG8
08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
EDIT:

BTW i dont' think you're allowed to link stuff to non vender sites

This is not G8Board.com. :nah: The ZZP site is mostly for FWD 3800 Cars like Pontiac Grand Prix, Regals, etc.
Plus I am not scared of Charlie.....:spank:
Thats why I like this site it is GRRRRRRR8:woohoo:

Mlozano
08-25-2009, 02:37 PM
This is not G8Board.com. :nah: The ZZP site is mostly for FWD 3800 Cars like Pontiac Grand Prix, Regals, etc.
Plus I am not scared of Charlie.....:spank:
Thats why I like this site it is GRRRRRRR8:woohoo:

Cool...

Nick@HSW
08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
So....anybody got a pic of the G8 specific switch plate yet? I'd like to see what they came up with..

I think I have a few of the un-anodized plates somewhere. Let me dig on the pc a little.

Nick@HSW
08-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Yes but for almost $200. I would use it just for the timing. If I was to spend another $200 or so I would buy the cables from VMS so I could fine tune my car and also have a bin file just for spraying. I was looking for a cheaper option since I would only be spraying the car at the track which I don't go to the track that often. I know ZZP sells race pellets for the 3800 cars which adds timing. I wish someone would make one to lower the timing so I could use it just for the track.

Whats the zzp pellet? I'm not too familiar with any of the 3800 stuff. PM me a link if you don't mind.

Nick

Mlozano
08-31-2009, 06:17 AM
Nick, do you think there would be a problem with the stock narrowband o2 sensor if i'm running headers and high flow cats? I get a DTC errors if i don't tune it out, wondering if the abnormal readings would throw it off.

Nick@HSW
08-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Nick, do you think there would be a problem with the stock narrowband o2 sensor if i'm running headers and high flow cats? I get a DTC errors if i don't tune it out, wondering if the abnormal readings would throw it off.

All the microedge does is read the signal. It doesn't alter it in any way. If you're seeing abnormalities with it, more than likely you might have an exhaust leak, bad sensor, any number of problems that could send a O2 whacky.

Nick

GRRRR8
08-31-2009, 06:37 AM

You should be tied into the front O2 sensor, not the rear. If you have a code for the rear ones (P0420/430) that wont effect engine performance, but you should have it tuned for your headers.

Mlozano
08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
All the microedge does is read the signal. It doesn't alter it in any way. If you're seeing abnormalities with it, more than likely you might have an exhaust leak, bad sensor, any number of problems that could send a O2 whacky.

Nick

You should be tied into the front O2 sensor, not the rear. If you have a code for the rear ones (P0420/430) that wont effect engine performance, but you should have it tuned for your headers.

Oh, i see. Yes i was getting errors for the sensors after the cats, i did tune that out. Since it's the pre-cat sensors i tie in to there's no worries.

Thanks guys.

13 QTR
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
I think I have a few of the un-anodized plates somewhere. Let me dig on the pc a little.

Ever dig up that pic? I'm trying to convice myself to get a nitrous kit....this might put the decision over the top....

jaxredg8
08-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Ever dig up that pic? I'm trying to convice myself to get a nitrous kit....this might put the decision over the top....

Or just come take a quick ride in mine. That should just about do it I would think!

13 QTR
09-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Or just come take a quick ride in mine. That should just about do it I would think!

You could just head up this way.....let me ride/drive it.....:woohoo:

you got the custom switch plate? if so....take a pic and post it up.

I really holding out because of the 'fund issue'. I'm closing on a new house..just bought a riding lawnmower...fixing to buy a new washer/dryer,living room suit,and a BIG screen tv.

Nick@HSW
09-01-2009, 06:54 AM
No but Matt took some pics today of some new products. Should be on the website later today.

Nick

Mlozano
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL, the G8 switch plate is listed but no pictures.

Scalarrthu
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Let me know when you're ready and I'll sell you my kit to help fund my maggie project :)!

13 QTR
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Let me know when you're ready and I'll sell you my kit to help fund my maggie project :)!

What kit you got?

Scalarrthu
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Went with the cold fusion....had it on my TBSS. Worked like a champ (even though I rarely used it), and pulled it off before I got rid of the truck. Decided I want the power all the time, so I didn't re-install on the 8. I'll make you a hell of a deal, so let me know and I can PM you all the details.

Mlozano
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Ok, so i tapped the o2 sensor for the MicroEdge and Fixed the RPM voltage issue i posted about earlier. Use the purple wire on the TB Harness, this one is rising voltage and works more accurately than the dropping voltage on the white wire, so the rpm window is working properly now.

Thanks for the help Nick!

Well i ended up splicing 4 cables before i found the correct one for the o2 sensor. I posted a picture of the wire that needs to be tapped in order the get the right signal. In the picture it shows the right color on the stock wires and the Kooks harness extension.

Hopefully this will help someone.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Mlozano9/o2Sensor.jpg

Nick, my 02 Voltage seems to bounce all over the place every so often it'll be around .4 - .3 but sometimes it way way above that or way below that. Is that normal, or should the microedge display pretty constant numbers?

Mlozano
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
:hang:Oh and i hate you guys for comming out with the progressive controller after i already bought the original MicroEdge.

Nick@HSW
09-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry its a crappy cell phone pic but at least you guys can get the general idea of it.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj116/nick-hsw/G8Console.jpg

Nick

Nick@HSW
09-02-2009, 06:14 AM
:hang:Oh and i hate you guys for comming out with the progressive controller after i already bought the original MicroEdge.

No need to worry. You can add on the + upgrade to any MicroEDGE. We took the term building block literally and didn't want to leave current users or future users on a budget out in the cold.

Nick

13 QTR
09-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Sorry its a crappy cell phone pic but at least you guys can get the general idea of it.

Nick

I like...

How hard is it to run the wires? I hate running wires......'specially thru the damn firewall....there's never a grommet where you need one...

Mlozano
09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
No need to worry. You can add on the + upgrade to any MicroEDGE. We took the term building block literally and didn't want to leave current users or future users on a budget out in the cold.

Nick

Very cool, how could i find out what firmware i have?

I like...

How hard is it to run the wires? I hate running wires......'specially thru the damn firewall....there's never a grommet where you need one...

There's only one place to run wire through the firewall, in the driver side foot well above the fuse panel right above the metal beam, there's a plug you need to remove but make sure you reseal it real good or you'll end up with puddles in your car like "this guy"

Nick@HSW
09-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Very cool, how could i find out what firmware i have?

There's only one place to run wire through the firewall, in the driver side foot well above the fuse panel right above the metal beam, there's a plug you need to remove but make sure you reseal it real good or you'll end up with puddles in your car like "this guy"

As the microEDGE boots up it will display it.

Nick

Devilish34
09-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Nick

Nice

Nick@HSW
09-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Here is the link with the better looking photos...http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=594&cat=0&page=1&featured

Mlozano
09-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Nick, my 02 Voltage seems to bounce all over the place, every so often it'll be around .4 - .3 but sometimes it's way way above that or way way below that. Is that normal, or should the microedge display pretty constant numbers?

Nick@HSW
09-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Nick, my 02 Voltage seems to bounce all over the place, every so often it'll be around .4 - .3 but sometimes it's way way above that or way way below that. Is that normal, or should the microedge display pretty constant numbers?

That's going to be dependent on mods and tune. But generally it will bounce around a range of numbers.

Nick

Mlozano
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
That's going to be dependent on mods and tune. But generally it will bounce around a range of numbers.

Nick

Ok, does that mean i should turn of the Min 02V setting? if i where to leave it at .400v would that mean i would turn off everytime is drops, i guess i should go test this a WOT and see what numbers i get.

GRRRR8
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
WOT O2s should be in the .850-.900 range. If your safety is at .600 you should be fine. The O2 wont switch at WOT, but idle and cruise you will see it keep crossing .450mv lean to rich.

Mlozano
09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
WOT O2s should be in the .850-.900 range. If your safety is at .600 you should be fine. The O2 wont switch at WOT, but idle and cruise you will see it keep crossing .450mv lean to rich.

I knew there was i reason i liked you...:)

That seems about right. I feel like i owe money everytime someone answer my question.

GRRRR8
09-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Make check payable to.........LOL!

Just doing my job. This is what I do for a living so it is pretty easy for the most part.

Mlozano
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Here goes another one, would we need the LS2 or LS3 5 Wire Harness on the Interface Controller, or is it the same thing?

SinCity G8
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
So here is a few pics of the progress of the install. I still have the wiring inside the cabin to do but so far so good. I will be painting the wood under the bottle.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Oengine.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z99/robzwickidss/N2Otrunk.jpg

Muff Daddy
09-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Looks pretty good!

TexasG8
09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Does the engine cover still fit on?
If so does it hide the plate?

SinCity G8
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Have not tried the engine cover but I will and let you know if it clears the plate.

Mlozano
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm i the only idiot that actually ran the Nitrous line through the interior of the car?

SinCity G8
09-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Not sure if your the only person that did that. I ran mine down the passenger side under the car and up through the drain for the area right below the cabin filter.

wagon540
09-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm i the only idiot that actually ran the Nitrous line through the interior of the car?

I've done that before plus it gives you the opportunity to put a manual shutoff under the seat if you want. Or take a hit going down the road lol.

Mlozano
09-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I've done that before plus it gives you the opportunity to put a manual shutoff under the seat if you want. Or take a hit going down the road lol.

LMAO

I'll post pics of my bottle install when i get a chance, i can actually fit 2 tanks in mine without removing the foam thingy.

TexasG8
09-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Did you get a chance to see if the engine cover fits?
Also can you post a pic of the fuel pickup on the fuel rail?

Mlozano
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
So i just came to the horrible realization that you can't use HSW No2/Fuel Jets with the NOS 90 mm plate. What a bummer. Today was supposed to be the final installation, definetly took 3 steps back. :(