PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to buy my g8?

got em coach
08-16-2009, 03:55 AM
lol no not really. but after the poor runs last night i might just go buy a kia. no not really. best pass after the tcm tune was a 13.6 but i red lighted (13.5 before the tcm) and for some reason my 60 times got worse. last time i had a 2.05 (stabbing it) and this time i had 2.17 (stabbing it) and 2.22 (1000rpm). idk. i had about 27 psi in the rears. i think its my ecm tune or something. but then again i dont know what the DA was but that doesn't matter because jason or jbrad was out there and he ran a 13.4 and i think a lower time as well but thats the one i saw. so idk what to do with the car other than get all the work done and then pray that im not disappointed with it. sorry you're times didnt get better scott.

GRRRR8
08-16-2009, 05:34 AM
If your 60ft had been the same you would have been in the 13.30s.

fiveoh
08-16-2009, 05:48 AM
What did Mohican run?

chipman283
08-16-2009, 06:06 AM
was the blue freak there?

fiveoh
08-16-2009, 06:20 AM
was the blue freak there?

Hes in dallas, they ran at Sealy which is closer to Houston.

done12many2
08-16-2009, 06:23 AM
lol no not really. but after the poor runs last night i might just go buy a kia. no not really. best pass after the tcm tune was a 13.6 but i red lighted (13.5 before the tcm) and for some reason my 60 times got worse. last time i had a 2.05 (stabbing it) and this time i had 2.17 (stabbing it) and 2.22 (1000rpm). idk. i had about 27 psi in the rears. i think its my ecm tune or something. but then again i dont know what the DA was but that doesn't matter because jason or jbrad was out there and he ran a 13.4 and i think a lower time as well but thats the one i saw. so idk what to do with the car other than get all the work done and then pray that im not disappointed with it. sorry you're times didnt get better scott.

More than likely, your times worsened due to you needing to relearn how to best launch the car with the new TCM/ECM setup. I noticed that you were leaning towards the ECM tune as the issue, but the TCM tune is probably what got you. The change in TQ Management can easily play into how well you launch. If you had some TQ Management removed, than you can no longer “stab it” as that will result in more spin and a greater 60’ time.

You just simply have to learn how to launch it again with the new setup. As GRRRR8 pointed out, your times with the same 60’ would have been much better.

LastMohican
08-16-2009, 07:01 AM
AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

I had my 6 year old with me so I couldn't just hang out is the staging lanes and make passes; it was packed. I made a single pass; the first with the Vararam, and it was slower than my best pass without it! (a 14.1 to a 13.9 I ran bone-stock earlier in the summer). I don't even know where to begin. I was shocked!

GRRRR8
08-16-2009, 07:05 AM
AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

I had my 6 year old with me so I couldn't just hang out is the staging lanes and make passes; it was packed. I made a single pass; the first with the Vararam, and it was slower than my best pass without it! (a 14.1 to a 13.9 I ran bone-stock earlier in the summer). I don't even know where to begin. I was shocked!

When comparing ETs you must be testing in the same conditions.

Was your mph better?
Did you have more/less fuel in the tank?
Did you let the car cool with the hood open?
What was your 60fter?

I could keep going, but you get the idea.

jbradG8GT
08-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Got em...you need to buy that Scion TC we saw last night!!!

I had a good time last night. It was the first time to go to a track so I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But I didn't red light or spin out the box. That was my main goal. Time slips are below for my 2 runs, hope you can read it. Seems like it was a tough night for everyone. We saw a Challenger SRT8 (sounded mean) run a 13.4...Chrysler 300 SRT8 ran 14.xx. I even saw a Corvette C6 run 14.1x. Either way, I was happy with my first time at the track. Of course now I will go all the time!!!

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/1strun.jpg

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/2ndRun.jpg

fiveoh
08-16-2009, 08:20 AM
AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

Dont sweat it. I'd bet there is probably a higher DA this time.

I ran a 13.4 stock(negative DA) then got the vararam and VMS tune and the best I could do after that was a 13.3(2800 DA). I was pretty dissapointed too but hoping for better times in the cooler weather. :)

LastMohican
08-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Got em...you need to buy that Scion TC we saw last night!!!

I had a good time last night. It was the first time to go to a track so I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But I didn't red light or spin out the box. That was my main goal. Time slips are below for my 2 runs, hope you can read it. Seems like it was a tough night for everyone. We saw a Challenger SRT8 (sounded mean) run a 13.4...Chrysler 300 SRT8 ran 14.xx. I even saw a Corvette C6 run 14.1x. Either way, I was happy with my first time at the track. Of course now I will go all the time!!!

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/1strun.jpg

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/2ndRun.jpg

Jasen got up there and let her rip! And, in the process, ripped off what I consider to be a great time: 13.44!

What this fundamentally indicates to me is the strength of this Chuck Mosell (Chuck CoW) tune.

Jasen-how much did this cost? Does it work like the VMS: you send him your stock files and he sends back the tune. Did it load off a laptop?

Eric will be missed and will remain in our thoughts and prayers. We can look forward to him showing up next year, home from Iraq, with that cammed beast ready to dominate. He will then truly be out of my league! Oh well, I can always go humiliate some rice!

Let's all start to finalize plans for a BIG G8 track night at LMP in October. That would be a BLAST!

WESTSIDE WOLFPACK FOREVER!

jbradG8GT
08-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Jasen got up there and let her rip! And, in the process, ripped off what I consider to be a great time: 13.44!

What this fundamentally indicates to me is the strength of this Chuck Mosell (Chuck CoW) tune.

Jasen-how much did this cost? Does it work like the VMS: you send him your stock files and he sends back the tune. Did it load off a laptop?

Eric will be missed and will remain in our thoughts and prayers. We can look forward to him showing up next year, home from Iraq, with that cammed beast ready to dominate. He will then truly be out of my league! Oh well, I can always go humiliate some rice!

Let's all start to finalize plans for a BIG G8 track night at LMP in October. That would be a BLAST!

Thanks Scott...as for the Chuck CoW tune you need to contact him directly, either on here or call him. He will be able to give you more information about the tune. He tuned mine while he was at Vararam for a corvette tune day. I still need to purchase the Flashscan V2 from EFI Live so I can tweak the tune whenever I want.
BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Punisher
08-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Wow....I wonder what times I could of achieved...not sure if I'm glad that I had to work late...

jbradG8GT
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow....I wonder what times I could of achieved...not sure if I'm glad that I had to work late...

It definitely wasn't a record setting night. But still fun.

jbradG8GT
08-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Coach...Found you a Kia. PIMP!!!

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/2004-kia-rio.jpg

got em coach
08-16-2009, 08:54 PM
More than likely, your times worsened due to you needing to relearn how to best launch the car with the new TCM/ECM setup. I noticed that you were leaning towards the ECM tune as the issue, but the TCM tune is probably what got you. The change in TQ Management can easily play into how well you launch. If you had some TQ Management removed, than you can no longer “stab it” as that will result in more spin and a greater 60’ time.

You just simply have to learn how to launch it again with the new setup. As GRRRR8 pointed out, your times with the same 60’ would have been much better. it just seemed to bog down when i would try to launch it. not like it was spinning. you could hear the difference in the engine tone. but its all good. just have to find a good tuner when i get back i guess

lol had fun out there man. cant wait until my next track debut

Coach...Found you a Kia. PIMP!!!

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/jasenbradley09/2004-kia-rio.jpg
thats it right there! lol thats great. i was thinking more like a smaller kia with a fart can. that ones way to cool lol

LastMohican
08-17-2009, 07:10 AM
it just seemed to bog down when i would try to launch it. not like it was spinning. you could hear the difference in the engine tone. but its all good. just have to find a good tuner when i get back i guess

lol had fun out there man. cant wait until my next track debut

thats it right there! lol thats great. i was thinking more like a smaller kia with a fart can. that ones way to cool lol

I guarantee you that sucker has a HUGE fart can. That's all you. When you pickin' it up?

got em coach
08-17-2009, 09:40 AM
I guarantee you that sucker has a HUGE fart can. That's all you. When you pickin' it up?

lol im sure it does. but it needs more stickers for my taste and a bigger wing on the back and maybe some diferent colored body panels and stuff. looks way to legit lol. well for a kia trying to pose as a subaru lol

UGotSmkd
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM

IDK, I would have to say heat and humidity played a factor.