PDA

View Full Version : My G8 has been in the shop for 5 days now

Sidewinder
08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
When I purchased my G8 it had a pea sized nick on the hood and roof. Garber Auto Mall has it in the paint shop. It is also in for the passenger air bag light. When my wife sits in the passenger side sometimes it won't show as being on. The service department checked it once before and could not duplicate. So the next time we went driving the air bag showed off again. I took a picture just so they would believe me. Has anybody else had issues with the passenger air bag sensor or paint issues from the factory?

Mav
08-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Shes either not sitting in the seat properly, or she weighs less than 80 pounds. :D

99-LS1-SS
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Some times the light will come on when you lean to one side or the other. It's hooked to the side airbags too.

GM_Fan
08-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I had a fish eye in my paint. I just moved on since it was just one.

I've noticed that some cars looked "orange peeled." Holden needs to improve their paint department. I wish the paint was thicker and tougher.

Sidewinder
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm waiting for the service department to call. I was hoping the G8 would be finished before the weekend. I'm curious if they used touch up paint of if they sanded it down and repainted it.

SpeedRacerX
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Paint chips a little easily but other than that no real issues to report. I might invest in one of those clear front end covers...

That's weird about the airbag light - hope they get that squared away for you.

J Wikoff
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
My wife weighed ~100 lbs when I got the car. The air bag light only came on if she had something in her lap, like her purse. The problem seemed to go away about the time she started wearing heavier clothes for fall/winter. And... since late winter, she's pregnant, so she weighs the seat down a bit more than before. lol

That said, I'm pretty sure the problem really did go away when the seat foam settled in a bit.

Sidewinder
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Paint chips a little easily but other than that no real issues to report. I might invest in one of those clear front end covers...

That's weird about the airbag light - hope they get that squared away for you.I was thinking the same thing. I believe 3M has a film bra. I'll have to check about that.

My wife weighed ~100 lbs when I got the car. The air bag light only came on if she had something in her lap, like her purse. The problem seemed to go away about the time she started wearing heavier clothes for fall/winter. And... since late winter, she's pregnant, so she weighs the seat down a bit more than before. lol

That said, I'm pretty sure the problem really did go away when the seat foam settled in a bit.

My wife weighs about 125 lbs, so I'm thinking it's a sensor problem. The service tech called and said the paint was done and a replacement part for the airbag will be in on Monday. Damn I miss my G8!

Sidewinder
08-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, they didn't fix the passenger airbag sensor. It is still intermittent.
Also, they have overspray on the sunroof and windshield. I'm taking it back in on Monday.

Sidewinder
09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Well, here I go again. The Passenger Air Bag light is intermittent again. I have an appointment with Garber Service on Monday. This is getting really old. My wife does not feel safe in the passenger side. I hope they get it right. Last time they had to call the Tech Rep in Detroit. He said to replace everything associated with that sensor. I guess it's something else.

bigtreepu
09-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Sidewinder,

I had similar airbag issues. My wife was sitting in the seat(she's over 80lbs guys), and the light would not be on sometimes, and sometimes it would be. I followed the instructions in the user manual for re-calibrating the passenger seat air bag. This was about 6 months ago. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully you can find that and it will fix your problem.

~Matt

Sidewinder
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Sidewinder,

I had similar airbag issues. My wife was sitting in the seat(she's over 80lbs guys), and the light would not be on sometimes, and sometimes it would be. I followed the instructions in the user manual for re-calibrating the passenger seat air bag. This was about 6 months ago. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully you can find that and it will fix your problem.

~Matt
Thanks Matt! If the dealer doesn't get it right then I'll try that.
Much appreciated.

todds87ss
09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, here I go again. The Passenger Air Bag light is intermittent again. I have an appointment with Garber Service on Monday. This is getting really old. My wife does not feel safe in the passenger side. I hope they get it right. Last time they had to call the Tech Rep in Detroit. He said to replace everything associated with that sensor. I guess it's something else.

How did she feel before cars had airbags?:)
I would suggest another dealer before you have real problems. These are simple fixes, that should be taken care of correctly the first time. The one thing I am sure of is that an incompetant dealership will do more harm than good.
Good luck.

jaxredg8
09-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey Sidewinder, try Coggin on Blanding. Ask for a technician named frankie. He is the only one that worked on my T/A, the wifes GP and now my G8. If they can cover a few things on mine "under warranty", they should be able to hook you up. Just make sure you ask for Frankie. Good luck, Chad