PDA

View Full Version : Getting the dealer to install...

nathanf2009
08-13-2009, 01:23 AM
So their were not any g8 gt's in my area with the sports package and the leather and all that so I had to compromise and get a base model g8 gt. I was wondering if their was a way to get the sport package/leather installed by a dealer? I really wish I would have found one with it installed. Looking at all the g8 gt's with them I get more envious day by day!!! If this is a no then i'll just settle with katzskin seat covers...but I at least want those gauge overlays they are badass! And match my red/black them I'm pursuing.

p71
08-13-2009, 01:29 AM
go with Katzkins, will be cheaper... the rest of the stuff (except maybe heated seats) can be ordered but we are talking thousands... 1k for wheels, 600 for tires, 300 for steering wheel, not sure on the dash overlay...

nathanf2009
08-13-2009, 01:33 AM
go with Katzkins, will be cheaper... the rest of the stuff (except maybe heated seats) can be ordered but we are talking thousands... 1k for wheels, 600 for tires, 300 for steering wheel, not sure on the dash overlay...

I don't see anything listed about the g8 gt. I'll call them tommorow to see. I'm not worried about the wheels/tires. I just wanted the dash overlay and the seats if possible. I'll call katzkin tommorow and see what they can do for me

polo
08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
There's some leather seats on ebay if you search for "G8 leather." I don't know if you're near either of those auctions, because you may be able to pick them up.

Struggle
08-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Salvage yards are going to be your best bet on seats and I bet it would be like a needle in a hay stack to find one.

I was at one of the largest volume dealers around our area (Sid Dillion in Blair Nebraska) and they had a bunch of V6 G8s but only two GTs. Not sure how they were equipped other than I saw no sunroofs on the GTs. This was two weeks ago as I rolled through the parking lot as I happened to by the area.

minytrker
08-17-2009, 08:30 PM
The dealership I bought by G8GT fully loaded had 30 more fully loaded ones in Houston just a few weeks ago. Did you buy one already? I had several dealerships try to sell me base models saying they could add leather and sport packages before I found the dealership in Houston.

'02 ws6
08-17-2009, 08:33 PM
If you find some let me know where. I'd like to have the red accented gauges for mine.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104