PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Vector Tune!

PostalCherokee
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I am supposed to get the cable so I can tune on Monday. It was brought to my attention that some Vista users have had some issues. I have Vista so any tips can help and would be appreciated!

G8V8
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry, I'm XP.

GeorgeInNePa
09-21-2008, 05:48 PM
When you get the cable, call Vector, they might be able to help with the Vista issues.

PS, see if you can get your computer to work with the FXP system first, you might have zero issues.

bubblyjock
09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
My laptop had Vista and I had no problems, not sure if I can help

insainiac
10-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I know this won't help much ....but I couldn't get it to work with my laptop with Vista so I had to borrow someones that had XP and then I had no problems.

Tate
10-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I was told that as long as your running better then 64 and Vista then you'll be O.K. but if your running a slower computer with Vista it might not work so well. Vista itself is pretty good but takes a lot of memory/make a computer work a lot harder for it. Now if you have a computer that is not as old as crap and is halfway fast then Vista works well.
Tate

insainiac
10-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Not sure what was up ....but the computer is only two months old and haven't had any other issues with Vista.....it just would not work when I tried to download the TCM tune......I had read somewhere else that there were a few others having issues with Vista also....so luckily I new ahead of time to try to have someone with XP on standby.

GTPprix
10-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Vista has alot of issues, most relate to user account control. If you turn that off 80% of the time you are fine, M$ has also been releasing updates what seems like daily and sometimes we cant keep up. If you have Vista your chances are very good it'll work perfectly if user account control is turned off. Our software is NOT compatible with 64bit Vista so please keep that in mind :)

Blackrider
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Vista has alot of issues, most relate to user account control. If you turn that off 80% of the time you are fine, M$ has also been releasing updates what seems like daily and sometimes we cant keep up. If you have Vista your chances are very good it'll work perfectly if user account control is turned off. Our software is NOT compatible with 64bit Vista so please keep that in mind :)

The first thing I did when I bought my laptop was turn UAC off.

Art708
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM

What is UAC? You gotta explain that one to me.

PostalCherokee
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I got my tune done with no issues. My laptop has a lot of memory and fast processors.

HunterSwift
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
The issue is with 86 bit. I have the vector tune flashxpress cables right now and it wont work, waiting till tomorrow to borrow someones 64 bit window computer. the 64 bit cable driver wont load on 86 bit.

todds87ss
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM

this...

= this.