PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Insurance Company

TomPierce
08-10-2009, 05:11 AM
The stupid insurance company I work for has decided that employees cannot carry over vacation from one year to another as we did in the past. (I have vacation that I never got to take that I'm carrying over going back to 1994.) The real pisser is that they are going to pay it out according to the salary I was making at the time it was earned, not at my salary today.

So the upshot of all this is that there will be an extra $2200 in this next paycheck. :)

(I guess I shouldn't bitch too much, especially in this economy. And from what I've heard, my job is secure enough that I can go ahead and spend it *knock wood*)

If you had $2200 and a relatively stock '08 G8 GT - what would you do?

GeorgeInNePa
08-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Longtubes and converter.

MitsukiGT
08-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Maybe some axelbacks as well if you want more noise. I couldn't stand how quit mine was.

Chocolate
08-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Hooker..................headers. lol

-Ray-
08-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Headers and beer.

mikesgt
08-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Beer, hooker than head-ers. Can I say that?

TomPierce
08-11-2009, 09:13 AM
i like the way youse guys think

GeoffA
08-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Definitely do a Long Tube header set up

kade7236
10-03-2009, 02:19 PM
If you want more power

Save it and buy a blower, don’t waist time on: Long Tube, headers, or a air intake, wont get a lot from this parts even if you put them all together and you get a great tune.

If you want looks

Buy new wheels get suspension upgrades drop it down, light tints HID lights.

If you want sounds

Put a new head unit above the stock one with nevi and DVD plus some subs in the trunk

:flame:

TrUcKeR
10-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Why not just use it up? If you use it, they have to pay you out at your current earnings.

stryker g8gt
10-03-2009, 03:40 PM
The stupid insurance company I work for has decided that employees cannot carry over vacation from one year to another as we did in the past. (I have vacation that I never got to take that I'm carrying over going back to 1994.) The real pisser is that they are going to pay it out according to the salary I was making at the time it was earned, not at my salary today.

I am not suprised, Companies are not getting the profits to make share holders happy, so they are going more and more internally to cut costs. Every year our health insurance costs rise mean while our plans get worse every year........Our company just rolled out a top line sales matrix vs. quainty of managers.....which boils down to some chopping coming very quickly.

All you can do is ride it out, there is nothing else out there, or any better......

GeorgeInNePa
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
If you want more power

Save it and buy a blower, don’t waist time on: Long Tube, headers, or a air intake, wont get a lot from this parts even if you put them all together and you get a great tune.

If you want looks

Buy new wheels get suspension upgrades drop it down, light tints HID lights.

If you want sounds

Put a new head unit above the stock one with nevi and DVD plus some subs in the trunk

:flame:

Suspension upgrades are NOT looks. They are performance upgrades.

Long tubes, CAI and tune will put you into the 12s. Add a converter to the mix and you'll have mid 12s.

Take that same money, add 4000 more to and then you'll have a blower. Of course, with-out extra money for better exhaust, suspension upgrades (see what I did there) and stickier tires, you'll have a car that will have lots of trouble to get to the low 12s.

If you have 6K and no more, I would never recommend just a blower. You would have a far better car if you spent the money on HP, suspension and traction equally. Brake upgrades will be needed if you go hog wild, also.

It will, however provide you with a quality smoke show, if that's what floats your boat.

bigwillys58
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Longtubes and converter.

those were the first 2 things for me (besides my homemade CAI) and holy shit what a difference! you wouldn't be disappointed if you went this route