PDA

View Full Version : Querying 2009.5 Owners Re Bluetooth

Mr_S_P
08-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Something that I have wondered about for the last little while...

I'm one of those who thought that all 2009's had integrated Bluetooth and was very dismayed to find out that the one I bought did not. So, as a result, I'm happy that this other gentleman has been working on our behalf in talking with GM about this.

Now, my question... Yes, I know when an incoming call comes in or you make an outgoing call, the integrated Bluetooth will mute the stereo. What I haven't been able to find out is if the Bluetooth will also lower the fan of the Climate Control?

Those that have had the fix from that outfit in MI, does the Bluetooth 100% behave like the integrated Bluetooth on the 2009.5 units?

GTPprix
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Now, my question... Yes, I know when an incoming call comes in or you make an outgoing call, the integrated Bluetooth will mute the stereo. What I haven't been able to find out is if the Bluetooth will also lower the fan of the Climate Control?

No it wont.

Those that have had the fix from that outfit in MI, does the Bluetooth 100% behave like the integrated Bluetooth on the 2009.5 units?

Yes it does.

Mr_S_P
08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the reply...!

fmemon06
10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum here and I had a couple questions. I did some research on getting bluetooth. I am in the process of buying a G8 and I may be able to get one with the bluetooth built in. My question is this: Can you hook up a GPS unit that has bluetooth in it to the car to get directions from the speakers. Also, how many devices can be hooked up to the bluetooth in the car. I drove a Buick Lacrosse around and I saw that it had an option to add a phone and a GPS unit onto the system and I wanted to know if the G8 had the same option.

Thanks in advance

GTPprix
10-20-2009, 03:19 AM
No GPS at least not one I've ever seen and I believe you can pair 10 devices to the unit IIRC.