PDA

View Full Version : My most fun day behind the wheel on the street.

G8V8
09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Today was a good day. I'm cruzin' home on the Loudoun County PKY just enjoying a great day and am stopped at the light crossing Waxpool. Light changes and i start across when a black BMW 530 with a magnetic dealer tag takes the ramp from Waxpool onto the LCPKY on my right and accelerates pretty hard as it dumped out onto the 2 northbound lanes about 5 or 6 cars lengths ahead of me.

I see 2 heads in the car. Ah-ha, salesman and potential buyer. Sweet. He is cooking pretty well and I accelerate and catch up pretty fast. As I get close he punches it, so do I and keep pulling him in.

The road gets a bit twisty and I pull even closer. It's 2 lanes now, one northbound, one south. I stay on his tail as it goes back to 4 lanes and he nails it again. I just stay right behind him. I had to back off a bit to stay there. I wanted to play, not totally ruin a sale. Finally I pull up beside and wave but he won't look so I just pass him, he has slowed now anyway. They pulled behind me at a light but wouldn't play. I even diverted my route to take 28 south to head toward the BMW dealer but he wouldn't play so i turned off and as I got near home I cought a red light and noticed an Acura TLS sppeding to make up to the light before it changed. He did. Light changed and I started out normally. He did too but continued to build so I tickled mine and he punched his. I got a skip shift and put 3 or 4 lengths on him and he flashed his lights.

I pulled in front of him to make my left turn at a light and he stopped behind me. I waved. He smiled and waved back. Cool guy.

GRRRR8
09-20-2008, 04:29 PM
What have I created? Who is this man! LOL

Mike P
09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice runs!

GXPaycheck
09-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Gotta get that camera fixed so you can see these guys after you pass 'em! :headbang:

G8V8
09-20-2008, 05:11 PM
What have I created? Who is this man! LOL

I know. I was bad but it sure was fun. Especially the 530. I could just hear the salesman say,

"Guy on your tail? No problem, just lose him. Wait 'til you feel the power this has."

"What, still there? The road gets twisty. Wait 'til you feel what a REAL driving machine can do. He'll be a speck in your mirror."

" Oh, the car beside us? That's probably an M5."

"Arrowhead. What arrowhead? I don't see an arrowhead!"

Damn it was fun!! Charlie you have corrupted me and I thank you for that.

G8V8
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice runs!

Gotta get that camera fixed so you can see these guys after you pass 'em! :headbang:

Thanks guys.

GRRRR8
09-20-2008, 05:20 PM
We have a long ways to go Unc. Just wait until we can meet and I get a ride in mine!

g8_795
09-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Man, G8V8. I never get to have fun around here. Maybe I should just keep driving around the BMW dealerships. A BMW did pass me yesterday going 100+ on 66. I just thought: "What an ass hole, he is going to kill somebody". I want to play, but not with someone elses life.
-Robert

-Ray-
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I know. I was bad but it sure was fun. Especially the 530. I could just hear the salesman say,

"Guy on your tail? No problem, just lose him. Wait 'til you feel the power this has."

"What, still there? The road gets twisty. Wait 'til you feel what a REAL driving machine can do. He'll be a speck in your mirror."

" Oh, the car beside us? That's probably an M5."

"Arrowhead. What arrowhead? I don't see an arrowhead!"

Damn it was fun!! Charlie you have corrupted me and I thank you for that.

Awesome Ed. You need to have a plate that says Wave bye.
Smile for the camera can be the frame. :D

G8V8
09-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Man, G8V8. I never get to have fun around here. Maybe I should just keep driving around the BMW dealerships. A BMW did pass me yesterday going 100+ on 66. I just thought: "What an ass hole, he is going to kill somebody". I want to play, but not with someone elses life.
-Robert

Yah. I would have passed on that one too. We never got near those speeds and there was nobody on the road but us.

Awesome Ed. You need to have a plate that says Wave bye.
Smile for the camera can be the frame. :D

I like it. good idea.