PDA

View Full Version : OPINIONS wanted

WARLOCK
08-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Sigh... I cant believe I'm doing this, but Looking at converters.

cast your vote and feel free to comment.

My mods will probably only add LT's to what i already have in the sig. so no turbos chargers or cams.. NOt that it really matters as each company offers options in converters. just looking for personal preferences and or experiences with these..so speak up

GeorgeInNePa
08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
My Yank works great.

Atlas
08-05-2009, 01:07 AM
i like vigs, but they arent on there, so........... yank??

MANOFSTEEL69
08-05-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm looking forward to having my Yank installed in a couple of weeks. I originally went with a 3600, but after further review, and a conversation with Mike @ New Era I decided to go with a 3200 instead.

DewieJr
08-05-2009, 02:18 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Yank....they were a VERY popular choice for us TBSS guys so thats my vote!

WARLOCK
08-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I was leaning Yank from the get go but I wanted to see where this goes. :headbang:

g8_795
08-05-2009, 03:23 AM
I think Circle-D is the way to go. They were very helpful when I was having troubles with my stall in the beginning.

Circle-D
08-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Good poll. Thanks for starting it. I of course voted for me, to be expected though. I would love to talk to you about your decision/choices. We have a lot of options and know we can make you another Circle D Raving Fan! Hope to talk to you soon. You can PM or call - 713-895-8834

Chris

grandmacpubah
08-05-2009, 06:24 AM
The path of destruction...documented

yesterday evening

...thing is I really didn't wanna go any further than this with the car.. i can already see where this is headed.. Im either fixin to go stupid with the mods or get rid of it. I prolly need to get rid of it. :wacko:

we tell him to mod...

LOL I cant guys.. I have a jeep to finish. believe it or not, the G8 is not my toy its my main transportation.. My Jeep.. Now thats daddy's garaged baby.
It gets whatever it wants and it doesn't have to do nothin but sit and look pretty. :thumbsup:

I call him out...

and mullet sportin dodge boys are going to keep beating you :loser:

lol

he cracks....

haha! point taken. maybe LT's then but thats it! and those will have to wait until around christmas. gotta get my ox locker and 4.56's in the jeep first

and this morning it turned into..

Sigh... I cant believe I'm doing this, but Looking at converters.

cast your vote and feel free to comment.

My mods will probably only add LT's to what i already have in the sig. so no turbos chargers or cams.. NOt that it really matters as each company offers options in converters. just looking for personal preferences and or experiences with these..so speak up

LMAO that's awesome!!! woohooo we've corrupted you in a matter of 14 hours!!! Hellz ya!! I did a double take on this post when I saw who started it LOL....then I went back to the kill section to make sure we were indeed talking about the same guy.

to actually add some value to your post I vote for circle-d. Rock on Warlock! :headbang:

edmanet
08-05-2009, 06:53 AM
i like vigs, but they arent on there, so........... yank??

I don't know of one person who has a vig in their G8 that doesn't have issues.

Rich@pm-fl.com
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
FTI Hands down. Not only will you find a FTI converter in the Fastest G8 and Fastest GTO in the country, but they also have great street manners.

Give us a call and we can get a converter built to suit your exact needs.

fiveoh
08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't know of one person who has a vig in their G8 that doesn't have issues.

Who has one that has issues? I dont recall seing anyone running a vig.

edmanet
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Who has one that has issues? I dont recall seing anyone running a vig.

You are talking about a PI Vigilante converter, correct ??

fiveoh
08-05-2009, 08:24 AM
You are talking about a PI Vigilante converter, correct ??

Ya. I had a pi stallion in my mustang and loved it. Most I've seen on here seems to be running Circle Ds or yanks. Which is why I was curoius who had vigs with problems.

99-LS1-SS
08-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't have first hand knowledge about the PI converters but I've read stories about people having to send them back multiple times because the stall rate was not what it was advertised to be. I've had 2 Yanks and both have performed flawlessly. I haven't used a Circle D so I can't comment on them.

edmanet
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Ya. I had a pi stallion in my mustang and loved it. Most I've seen on here seems to be running Circle Ds or yanks. Which is why I was curoius who had vigs with problems.

My PI stalled too high and had to be sent back. EVer since my converter was installed it wouldn't lock and unlock correctly. I know of three other G8 PI converters that do this. Maybe they just have issues with the G8s. LIVERNOIS had my car for 6 weeks to try to solve the problem before they gave it back to me to see if I could live with it. Yes...my car was actually at their shop for 6 weeks.

I'll be pulling mine in a couple of weeks.

fiveoh
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
My PI stalled too high and had to be sent back. EVer since my converter was installed it wouldn't lock and unlock correctly. I know of three other G8 PI converters that do this. Maybe they just have issues the G8s. LIVERNOIS had my car for 6 weeks to try to solve the problem before they gave it back to me to see if I could live with it. Yes...my car was actually at their shop for 6 weeks.

I'll be pulling mine in a couple of weeks.

Good to know.

WARLOCK
08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
The path of destruction...documented

yesterday evening

we tell him to mod...

I call him out...

he cracks....

and this morning it turned into..

LMAO that's awesome!!! woohooo we've corrupted you in a matter of 14 hours!!! Hellz ya!! I did a double take on this post when I saw who started it LOL....then I went back to the kill section to make sure we were indeed talking about the same guy.

to actually add some value to your post I vote for circle-d. Rock on Warlock! :headbang:

LMFAO I about pissed my pants reading this one. Yeah I was hoping you wouldn't catch this post. Knew I was gonna catch hell.. HAHA

WARLOCK
08-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Good poll. Thanks for starting it. I of course voted for me, to be expected though. I would love to talk to you about your decision/choices. We have a lot of options and know we can make you another Circle D Raving Fan! Hope to talk to you soon. You can PM or call - 713-895-8834

Chris

FTI Hands down. Not only will you find a FTI converter in the Fastest G8 and Fastest GTO in the country, but they also have great street manners.

Give us a call and we can get a converter built to suit your exact needs.

I agree, this IS a good thread
NOW THIS is what Im talking about guys! ^^^^ Thats the kind of stuff that makes a person wanna do buisness!